The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remap

+2
MalMonty
RABBIT19
6 posters

Go down

Remap Empty Remap

Post by RABBIT19 Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:41 pm

I have been thinking about remapping  my 2017 2.0l Peugeot  engine I am disappointed in the bottom end power you always seem to have to change down below 1400rpm on a hill to make it pull away  anybody done a remap if so any problems
RABBIT19
RABBIT19

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Remap Empty Re: Remap

Post by MalMonty Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:00 pm

RABBIT19 wrote:I have been thinking about remapping  my 2017 2.0l Peugeot  engine I am disappointed in the bottom end power you always seem to have to change down below 1400rpm on a hill to make it pull away  anybody done a remap if so any problems
There's Pros and Cons to remapping of any engine, especially consider the age of the engine and if it's a turbo. Haven't done it, and mechanic was a little concerned that it could give me more hassle than good. A clean up of EGR valve and keeping up with servicing etc should keep you ticking along nicely. I say that only if there no other issues around your vehicle that may be impacting on it's performance. Bearing in mind, these engines are designed to go hard at it, in challenging driving conditions, so the original map would reflect that. 

Good read if interested:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MalMonty
MalMonty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2004

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:30 am

RABBIT19 wrote:I have been thinking about remapping  my 2017 2.0l Peugeot  engine I am disappointed in the bottom end power you always seem to have to change down below 1400rpm on a hill to make it pull away  anybody done a remap if so any problems
Change down .Min is 1800 for good go. Petrol engines much higher rpm.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

frederic and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 am

We had the 2017 2litre in the 165 variant and it went well. Yes, you needed to work the gears but it would fairly fly uphill. 

Is yours the 165, Rabbit?
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:19 pm

At lower revs, the turbo is off boost, and power drops off quickly as revs fall. It sounds normal to me, as in expected behaviour of a turbodiesel. It's unlikely that a remap is going to change anything at low revs IMO, because it won't alter the physical limitations of the turbocharger. It might give more top end power, but that's not the issue here. On long steep hills I find keeping the revs above 2,000 is necessary, by picking the right gear.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

frederic and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:26 pm

Ideally below 1500rpm is not a good idea as this has been attributed to early dual mass flywheel failure.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm

Toffee wrote:Ideally below 1500rpm is not a good idea as this has been attributed to early dual mass flywheel failure.
When the cruise control is active in top gear, if it drops much below 1800 rpm on a hill and you’re still slowing down, it uses full throttle to compensate, and you can get an alarming vibration through the whole cab. I’m not surprised it can’t take too much of that.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Remap Empty Ŕemap

Post by RABBIT19 Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:32 pm

I had a fiat 130 before would out pull this 160 Peugeot any day I had one of my early fiat's remapped  it had so much more bottomend power
RABBIT19
RABBIT19

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down