The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey water disposal - extension hose

+9
Caraman
quentinsf
Dave 418
gef
Taurian
Paulmold
Monty-Plym
bikeralw
annieb55
13 posters

Go down

Grey water disposal - extension hose  Empty Grey water disposal - extension hose

Post by annieb55 Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:21 am

The grey water pipe under the van ends with a tap, which is clipped under the van. It's becoming more and more difficult to find campsites where this tap can be opened over a drain area. One is expected to have a hose extension. We don't have space for a bulky extension. Can we find an adaptor that would fit the tap and a piece of hose to it?   Thank you.
annieb55
annieb55

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Grey water disposal - extension hose  Empty Re: Grey water disposal - extension hose

Post by bikeralw Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:56 am

For just such occasions I carry a short piece, maybe four foot, of ordinary garden hose with one of those rubber multi-fit connections on the end. I store it in the gas locker.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Peter Brown and annieb55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Grey water disposal - extension hose  Empty Re: Grey water disposal - extension hose

Post by Monty-Plym Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:58 am

You could try one of these https://colapz.co.uk/collections/flexi-waste-pipes/products/flexi-caravan-waste-pipe-system
I have a set of four for when I rarely indulge in a fully serviced pitch.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

DeeGee7, AutoSleepy_Don and annieb55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:08 pm

I see this is your first post annieb55. Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself in this section.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

annieb55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurian Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:11 pm

Although I have a waste water tank under the van, I tend to drain grey water straight into a bucket and,  when full,  empty the contents under a hedge which is accepted practice on most of the sites I have ever used.
Taurian
Taurian

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

bikeralw and annieb55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annieb55 Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:25 pm

We have also disposed of the grey water in such places but are recently returned from France where they were very surprised that we did this, due to the environmental implications. I think they are very much more aware of pollution issues than we are in the UK.
annieb55
annieb55

Female

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:59 pm

Autosleepers did sell a hose with an adaptor which you can extend with flexible grey hose to any length
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

annieb55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:16 pm

I have mentioned before about extending the waste pipe on our Duetto to make it easier to drain the grey tank.
The grey waste tap on the current Rienza is fixed to the lower edge of the body cill. I found a hose fitting for taps pushes on to tap and I can add a length of hose to reach the drain point or as the last site into the hedge bottom.
During our time motorhome traveling I have acquired a selection of Gardena type fittings from tap adaptors to hose connectors.
A side note to this I fitted the waste hose as per normal so it seemed odd that the waste water wouldn’t go down in the shower after a few days. After a bit of sussing and boggling scratch head I found a hose connector on the end of the hose with a shut off fitting on it. I have since changed the connectors for straight through ones.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

quentinsf and annieb55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by quentinsf Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:57 pm

We, like Monty-Plym above, got the Colapz 4-pipe set. Pleased with it so far.

Quentin
quentinsf
quentinsf

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus

annieb55 and orac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:17 am

Like Taurian I only use a bucket to empty the grey water.  I often leave the tap open so it drains straight into the bucket and always do so when there is a risk of freezing.  On sites that allow it, I chuck the grey water into a hedgerow.  On those that don't, I carry the bucket to a grey water drain.  If I'm on a fully serviced pitch I have less far to walk with the bucket.  I rarely bother with motorhome service points even if the site has them which many don't.  I used to carry an assortment of grey water drainage pipes when I had a caravan but I don't bother with the motorhome.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

annieb55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:14 am

I have a 3 meter length of caravan waste hose to pipe into drain or hedge which is strapped to rear carrier also a folding bucket in case i have to empty into a drain but we do normally use small CL type sites that allow the grey water to be put in the ground. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:26 am

Or, an old bike innertube of the right dimentions.

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Cymro, DeeGee7, quentinsf and blackpig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:20 pm

annieb55 wrote:We have also disposed of the grey water in such places but are recently returned from France where they were very surprised that we did this, due to the environmental implications. I think they are very much more aware of pollution issues than we are in the UK.
UK has always been backward in this respect and has no intention of catering for motorhome or caravan tourists. By comparison even supermarkets in EU countries have purpose built grey water disposal points and fresh water fill.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:16 pm

In general I think UK caters rather better than on the Continent.  I lived and caravan’d extensively on the Continent.  Other than in France I found most sites to be congested and therefore unattractive and there was nothing even in France that compared to the excellent network of 5-van CLs and CSs we have in UK.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyanpinguka Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:20 pm

Collapse pipes work well for me and store in a small space under the rear passenger seat of our Symbol.
Kyanpinguka
Kyanpinguka

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down