The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To decal or not to decal that is the question

3 posters

Go down

To decal or not to decal that is the question Empty To decal or not to decal that is the question

Post by Ayse Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:59 pm

wave hi everyone, I'm looking into removing tatty decals (checked out useful threads on hear cheers) 
So once I've removed them I'm thinking about a total respray just too tidy Charlie-Bear up.. 

Your views on new decals
1 if worth popping them on again?
2 original design or new colour design?
Which is best for a 54 plate symbol to help keep its value.

Thanks in advance  To decal or not to decal that is the question 1f60d
Ayse
Ayse

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2004 symbol
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

To decal or not to decal that is the question Empty Re: To decal or not to decal that is the question

Post by IanH Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:01 am

Chat to a local car graphics company, ideally before removal of originals. They may well be the easiest solution.
I had the awning and a bit of the roof scraped on a Warwick and that was all fixed for £50. Incidentally, that solution was suggested by my favourite paint shop as easier and cheaper, much, than a painted solution.
Pre any thoughts of respray, I'd have it on a ramp and seriously check cassis etc for rust ....
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Ayse and RogerThat like this post

Back to top Go down

To decal or not to decal that is the question Empty Re: To decal or not to decal that is the question

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:35 am

As snow melted and ran down the front of our Duetto it caused the coloured strip to flake along the top edge. When we booked into A-S at Willersey I included getting them to fit a replacement strip. A couple of winters later the new strip was starting to show the same wear as the old. It remained flaky when I sold the Duetto. When we bought the Duetto 2nd hand, the decals on the sides had marks on them which I was never able to remove, certainly with the various products I tried. Finally I left them in the state they were, and looked at something else.

Motorhomes hold their value, perhaps A-S more than most, a prospective purchaser of an A-S one is likely to prefer all the original identifying decals. If you have no plans to sell your Symbol then it matters less.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Ayse likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayse Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:51 pm

up! thanks for info... Charlie-bear has had the rust removed and welded and under sealed so fingers crossed will get some process 1st x 
IanH wrote:Chat to a local car graphics company, ideally before removal of originals. They may well be the easiest solution.
I had the awning and a bit of the roof scraped on a Warwick and that was all fixed for £50. Incidentally, that solution was suggested by my favourite paint shop as easier and cheaper, much, than a painted solution.
Pre any thoughts of respray, I'd have it on a ramp and seriously check cassis etc for rust ....
Ayse
Ayse

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2004 symbol
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down