The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shading film on Perspex windows

2 posters

Go down

Shading film on Perspex windows  Empty Shading film on Perspex windows

Post by Cuckoo Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:06 am

Hi and hope you are enjoying van life 
I had major problems with Perspex windows on our executive with cracks and eventually needing replacement.which we put down to strong sunlight 
We now have a topaz and are looking to protect the roof light and two small windows on either side I look forward to any suggestions and thank you in anticipation of replies .
Cuckoo
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Shading film on Perspex windows  Empty Re: Shading film on Perspex windows

Post by Roopert Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Sorry to say that I don't think this is an easy one to solve. The main problem is that I don't think the outer surface of either the roof light or the side windows is very flat. The vinyl tint film usually used for that purpose has a small amount of stretch, and good fitters can work wonders, but I think that might defeat even the most experienced.

The other issue that I've heard about is the adhesive on the back of the tint film adversely affecting the acrylic plastic. I don't know whether that problem has been solved (or indeed whether it ever was a major problem), but it might be worth a call to one of the companies that advertise car window tinting? Though I concede that most will probably have very little experience of putting tints on acrylic!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down