The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T4 Topaz cupboard floor removal

3 posters

Go down

T4 Topaz cupboard floor removal  Empty T4 Topaz cupboard floor removal

Post by pjperry Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:07 am

Need to replace the shurflo water pump in our 04 Topaz but first need to gain access by removing the cupboard floor panel, which seems impossible without taking a multitool to it due to the gas pipes/taps being in the way.

Anyone done this?
pjperry
pjperry

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

T4 Topaz cupboard floor removal  Empty Re: T4 Topaz cupboard floor removal

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:43 pm

It is usually located at the forward end under the wardrobe floor.  You will need to remove side panels off-side and rear. Cant recall whether you will also have to remove something (panel or wood trim strip) on the inboard face. The floor panel is also screwed down. Be careful in the door opening. When I did this job it left the door opening a bit messy.
The floor will then lift and wriggle out if you raise it rear end first.  It's a fiddle but not intellectually challenging !!!
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by pjperry Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:11 am

Thanks Keith. Decided to very carefully cut a section out as I didn't want to risk cracking the plastic washroom panels with too much movement when trying to wrestle it out. Also on mine there appeared to be a wooden baton attached to the front edge of it to make it even more difficult to remove.
pjperry
pjperry

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Manomountain Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:46 pm

Hi PJ. I’ve had to lift the floor to access the rear light group and found it a bit of a ‘pig’ - until I’d located the screws sunk into the fabric plié. My Shurflo pump is thankfully still functioning - although 
My taps ‘spit’ a great deal and I can’t seem to clear the apparent ‘air’ inclusions. How did you do sourcing the new pump? It’s always concerned me, whether spares are readily available for 20 year old vans….
Manomountain
Manomountain

Male

Vehicle Year : 02/03

Back to top Go down

Post by pjperry Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:29 pm

Hi, I bought this one plus a new filter/strainer:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Slightly higher pressure than the original since I couldn't find a like for like replacement, but works fine.

It sorted the constant spluttering issue (pump was wet around the head), but also replaced the pressure relief valve on the water heater as water was dripping out of the overflow pipe. No spluttering at all now apart from when priming.
pjperry
pjperry

Male

Back to top Go down