The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How cold is your fridge?

+4
Dutto
Jeff and Di Giblin
deckie
India Hannaford
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How cold is your fridge? - Page 2 Empty Re: How cold is your fridge?

Post by Dutto Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 am

The question is "Did you then become a Safety Manager and a Safety Management Consultant like me?"

I can think of numerous instances as a Supervisor where I decided an operation was too dangerous to let an Operator carry it out; so I did it myself!

This included wearing a BA set to crawl 10 metres up a 28" diameter pipe with a leaking one valve isolation between me and 1200psi of natural gas and with natural gas liquid running down between my legs; just to release a sphere!

I must have been sensored1 mad; but it saved the company thousands of pounds!!

Were any of them worth the risk? Not really!

Would I do any of them now? Not sensored1 Likely!!

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:19 am

PS Even further off topic.

Carbon-tetrachloride was rated as an aphrodisiac in some quarters. (Sorry to let you know this so late in your life!!)

The reason I know this is that a bus driver gave it as a reason for the death of his mistress. Apparently he used to nick the fire extinguisher out of his bus, squirt the CT on to a piece of gauze and then gas the girlfriend with the fumes to heighten her desire.

Obviously, he overcooked it one night and "The rest is history." as they say.

My question has never been "How did he find this out?" it has always been "Where the hell do they find these women?"
confused3
Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by India Hannaford Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your very helpful and informative replies. Unfortunately I was not quite up to some of the suggestions. The 'fridge had in fact had it and I now have a very small new one which works perfectly. I think the problem accounted for the slight odour in the campervan which I had noticed since I bought it a year ago. I don't know whether the previous owner knew that the 'fridge was not working but stupidly as it can take some time to cool down I had not checked it as so much in the R Reg van had not been used (the loo, the cooker).
Have not been able to go anywhere for the last three weeks as have had a detached retina - can't wait for my next trip!
India Hannaford
India Hannaford

Female

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

How cold is your fridge? - Page 2 Empty how cold is your fridge

Post by murph Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi India,
To answer your origonal question, I am probably one of the few with a fridge thermometer fitted, the sensor is mounted in the top of the freezer compartment and reads when set at maximum with the outside temprature at around 20degrees C about -15degreesC this will of course vary depending on the outside air temprature.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2