The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Battery Connections

4 posters

Go down

Vehicle Battery Connections Empty Vehicle Battery Connections

Post by Johnuready Thu May 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Any advice on where I fit an inline fuse to my Vehicle Battery, all possible points look t0 be full? Its for 30amp B2B charger.

Vehicle Battery Connections 35773d10
Johnuready
Johnuready

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Battery Connections Empty Re: Vehicle Battery Connections

Post by brodco Fri May 14, 2021 9:34 am

Hi wave 

I think I’d just fit a ring crimp onto an inline fuse  and attach it to one of the bolts on the 12V side of the existing fuses. The cable attached to the fuse on the battery side would be as short as sensibly possible so the fuse is close to the battery. Then take the cable on the other side of the fuse out with the existing red cables and route the new cable with them as far as possible using cable ties to secure the new cables and make sure they cannot snag on the metal edges of the other fuses.

If you want to do a “proper “ job, from the picture it looks as if there may be enough room  between the battery and the side of the battery compartment to fit an extra fuse holder,  In which case you can still wire the input of the new fuse holder to one of the bolts with a ring crimp.

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Fri May 14, 2021 10:24 pm

I would fit the btb  cable and fuse directly  to the battery clamp  ,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 am

Get an inline fuse from 12v planet. Fully waterproof one with led to show its blown. Less than £4 each. Inline crimp to your b2b wire, crimped m8 eye to battery. Just add i to one of the many there, theyre all attached to the battery +ve. A multimeter will confirm that.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2021 9:06 am

The empty space to the left is for a large fuse like the brown one at the bottom. There is nothing stopping you putting a nut and bolt in that hole, ring terminal and another nut to secure. 

Simpler still is the empty stud, top right obviously intended for an unfused connection as there is no space for one. I would fit a lead from there to a common multi-fuse block, ready for any extras all in one go.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down