The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Warwick Duo mods

4 posters

Go down

2013 Warwick Duo mods Empty 2013 Warwick Duo mods

Post by IanH Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Here's the first 2........

Here's the neat power port, fits where the ashtray was..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Neatly tidies up the myriad of cables we all seem to need these days. One important point is that a "normal" 12v lighter plug is incorrect for a cigarette lighter, will work but unreliable. The correct one is from 12v PLANET, and is fitted here.

Also includes 2 x USB 5v sockets, the voltmeter gives both the 12v voltage and the USB volts. Each 12v outlet is also separately swichable.

Next one is a seat mod. The front seats each have an armrest whichever position they are in makes it difficult to get from the driver position to the habitation. My wife never uses the pax one anyway, so it is removed and fitted to the RHS of the driver seat, complex (ish) bracket but I can send a scan of it if anyone wants to copy. it is 5mm aluminium plate.

Make the driving position a lot better, for me at least. You lose the lumbar adjust, but that was adjusted to comfortable prior to fitting this. The slot in the top of the bracket allows for seat recline.

More to follow!!! Hope I'm not boring everyone!

allthumbz up! hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

2013 Warwick Duo mods Empty Re: 2013 Warwick Duo mods

Post by RogerThat Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 pm

I do love a good DIY mod!

Keep them coming please allthumbz
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:12 am

The cup holder sockets are imo brilliant, however I have my homemade satnav holder in there
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:02 am

roli wrote:The cup holder sockets are imo brilliant, however I have my homemade satnav holder in there
Thanks Roli

I fitted my satnav, as you can see on the panel above the radio.

Reason being we can both see it, I'm not that bothered re navigation, wifey sorts that out but I use it constantly (mostly abroad) to remind me of the current speed limit which it shows on screen.

I fitted its bracket with "hammer drive" threaded inserts, M3 in this case. Extreme care has to be taken drilling these as there's an airbag under that panel. The secret is not to drill all the way through, make the hole slightly too big so the inserts don't get hammered in and super glue them in place.
I have heaps of spares should anyone else want a couple.

BTW, the 3rd cable seen in the past pic goes to the head up display GPS Speedo, the module sits on a sticky pad then projects up to the screen. It can be in MPH or KPH and the clock can become an altimeter too. Wonderful bit of kit and extremely accurate, much more so than the vehicle speedo! 

Thanks for response
IanH
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:21 am

I put mine on there once via a Garmin special pad and it shock so much the screen was blurred. So back to the sucker on the windscreen for me.
Like you only really use it for speed limits, I see I have been driving slow all these years till I started to use a Sat Nav.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down