The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frost protection button on control panel

5 posters

Go down

Frost protection button on control panel Empty Frost protection button on control panel

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:40 am

I vaguely remember being told when we bought our Symbol that it was winterised. I have pressed the  frost protection button on the control panel and it illuminates. Does this button only illuminate if the vehicle has been winterised or does it illuminate regardless.?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Frost protection button on control panel Empty Re: Frost protection button on control panel

Post by Ramblers Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 am

Our 2011 Symbol is fitted with the EC155 Control Box and the EC51 Control Panel and I cannot see where a frost protection button would fit. Could you describe your controls so that I may help?

Jeff

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Frost protection button on control panel Empty Re: Frost protection button on control panel

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

Thanks for your reply Jeff. Its fitted with the EC480 digital colour control panel. Photo of instructions attached. The button Im talking about is the last on the list ,frost protection button.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:15 am

If it's like all of the other similar circuits on a typical Sargent controller, the light will illuminate to show that power on that circuit is on. It does not mean that anything on that circuit is consuming power, nor that anything is even fitted on that circuit.

As an example, my EC328 controller has a "Lights" button, but my conversion has no lights wired to it. If I press the "Lights" button it lights up, even though there are no lights to light up.

Generally if you have tank heaters you can see them by looking at the tank, as they are attached to the outside.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblers Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am

I thought I had posted a further reply earlier but it obviously disappeared into the ether. What I was going to add to the conversation was for you to ring Auto-Sleepers quoting the build number located normally in the glove box and they will be able to identify the components assembled in to your Symbol.

Jeff

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks for all the answers. I have emailed Autosleep with the the vehicles build number and hopefully they can give me a definitive answer. Barring tbat it will be case of getting u der the vehicle to check.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 am

Mine has the tank heaters fitted as part of the winter pack and from memory, I think I have switches for them elsewhere (under sofa) which have to be in the ‘on’ position to allow the button on the control panel to operate the heaters.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:24 am

Kingham wrote:Mine has the tank heaters fitted as part of the winter pack and from memory, I think I have switches for them elsewhere (under sofa) which have to be in the ‘on’ position to allow the button on the control panel to operate the heaters.
Ill check. Thsnks for the info
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DesG Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:52 pm

We have the tank blankets fitted to our 2019 Symbol Plus. The idea is that they come on when the tank temperature drops below a set temperature (3C ?) in order to prevent freezing. I believe they can be enabled or disabled from the control panel.

A word of warning though.
The blankets are flat rubber sheets which are glued to the underside of the fresh and waste water tanks. On our van the glue was insufficient or not correctly applied with the result that the blankets came unstuck along the forward facing edge - presumably due to wind resistance. When I spotted the issue, one of the blankets was close to making contact with the road. We're having ours re-attached under warranty, in the meantime I've effected a temporary repair with gorilla tape.
DesG
DesG

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:05 pm

Kingham wrote:...I think I have switches for them elsewhere (under sofa) which have to be in the ‘on’ position to allow the button on the control panel to operate the heaters.

In the Kingham at least, the under sofa button only controls the waste tank blanket. The Control Panel switch turns on both tank blankets, then you use the isolator switch to turn off the waste tank blanket (if it's empty).

Page 9-18 of the Kingham manual:

"If there is no liquid in the waste tank, the heater for it must be turned off using the isolation switch, ensuring that the LED is NOT lit. For exact location of the switch refer to the Location of Key Facilities chart."
Weegie
Weegie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:36 pm

Weegie wrote:
Kingham wrote:...I think I have switches for them elsewhere (under sofa) which have to be in the ‘on’ position to allow the button on the control panel to operate the heaters.

In the Kingham at least, the under sofa button only controls the waste tank blanket. The Control Panel switch turns on both tank blankets, then you use the isolator switch to turn off the waste tank blanket (if it's empty).

Page 9-18 of the Kingham manual:

"If there is no liquid in the waste tank, the heater for it must be turned off using the isolation switch, ensuring that the LED is NOT lit. For exact location of the switch refer to the Location of Key Facilities chart."
Cheers Weegie  drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down