The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow

5 posters

Go down

Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow Empty Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow

Post by stockdale Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 pm

We have recently bought a 2010 Nuevo II EK.
Best thing we ever did!

We usually fill the fresh water tank using the Ultraflow waterline hose. This has the pistol grip to attach it to the van and a push fit connector that attaches to the water tap.
My problem is that i shall be visiting a site where i will not be able to drive near the tap, so i will have to fill the tank from a water carrier.
I have a 20ltr water carrier so don't feel the need to by an Aquaroll or similar. My question is how do i get the water from the carrier into the on-board tank?
Truma sell a pump assembly, this has the pistol grip to attach to the van and a submersible pump on the other end. They also sell an inlet intake hose, this has the pistol grip at one end and a filter on the other end.
The inlet hose is far cheaper, as there is no pump, but i don't want to waste money by buying the wrong thing.

I see the new models are using the Whale water system, is one better than the other?
Any help would be gratefully received.
stockdale
stockdale

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo II EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow Empty water filler

Post by murph Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Stockdale,
I dont know too much about the system fitted to recent AS vehicles, as my van has a standard round filler, but from what I read more people dislike them than like them, I would suggest that you go to a dealer who has a decent accessory shop and purchase a submersible pump small enough to go through the neck of your tank. Connect via a piece of hose to the truma gadget, fit a suitable 12volt plug to the end of the pump lead ( make sure the wire is long enough to go through the nearest window to a 12volt socket,) you will almost certainly have to extend it, and away you go. Check prices first but I would suspect that this will be considerably cheaper than Truma's price for their version. If you plan to use this as drinking water the general concensus of opinion is that you should use food quality hose, but if you carry a 5 litre or so container purely for drinking and use tank water for washing only, ordinary garden hose will suffice. Food quality hose is much dearer and harder to find.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow Empty Re: Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 pm

I did exactly that! Very useful indeed up!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow Empty Re: Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow

Post by Campievanner Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Hmmm. We have the Whale system and really want just a normal filler ie a hose and straight into side of van. Was moaning on here about it yesterday in Technical chat.

We were given a small submersible pump which we use from a 10litre container. it's the hose that is driving us nutty. It took about 30 minutes to fill it and as it was a site where they show you to your pitch we felt awful. Usually by the time I have paid and looked for a pitch the tank is full but not with this system. As for having a loo that needs the tank to be full is another story. Sometimes in winter on a one night stay we don't fil the van with way.

Do you know why they changed to this method ?
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo II EK Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

Our 2010 Nuevo II EK also has the useless Whale filling system so on an aire or site I usually fill via the submersible pump from a bucket which can take forever. Our other motorhomes have had the conventional systen to fill via a standard hose or watering can . I am considering trying to convert the Whale filller to a standard filling point , but a bit concerned about the electrics on the unit / shut off valve on the inside of the filler pipe.
Has anyone had their filling system converted ?
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

Post by stockdale Tue May 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Many thanks for all of the advice.

I popped down to our local dealers to get a simple pump, and noticed that the price of the Ultraflow pistol with the electrical connectors was only £8.84. I am sure this was priced incorrectly as the next one on the rail was priced at £16.
With a simple Whale submersible pump at only £9, the total cost was under £18 as i already had 1m of tubing.
The pump can be controlled from the control panel, and pumps about 10l per min.

[img]Fresh water on Nuevo with Truma Ultraflow Imag0110[/img]
stockdale
stockdale

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo II EK
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down