The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HABITATION DOOR - WORCESTER MODEL

4 posters

Go down

HABITATION DOOR - WORCESTER MODEL Empty HABITATION DOOR - WORCESTER MODEL

Post by tikiti Sat May 11, 2019 1:06 am

Can anyone help please. I live in NZ and have a 2011 Auto sleeper. Worcester. The door has never shut properly from day one, despite repairs to the lock and hinges.  Told to "slam " it shut.'
Now looking at replacing the entire door, as the plastic insert has discolored and cracking up. Trying to source one in the North Island of NZ. Not sure if posting this on the UK site will bring any joy, but worth the try. Maybe someone from NZ might see my post.
THanks.
Jean
tikiti
tikiti

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : WORCESTER.

Back to top Go down

HABITATION DOOR - WORCESTER MODEL Empty Re: HABITATION DOOR - WORCESTER MODEL

Post by RML Sat May 11, 2019 6:55 am

I was advised never to slam a door. I use a 2 stage closure - gentle push followed to engage the catch followed by a firm push on the handle to close - works every time.
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat May 11, 2019 9:53 am

I think your door is a Dometic Seitz model. Can't help with sourcing a replacement or parts but this may help.

https://www.reimo.com/de/bilder/intern/ersatzteile-daten_2012/dometic-seitz/product-documentation/data/Rep%20CaraD_Rplus_EN.pdf

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Sat May 11, 2019 4:31 pm

My (same door) has had the plastic reveal of the window (internal) that Dometic refer to as the "blind panel" crack and split and shrink slightly I am 100% certain that this is due to sun damage rather than the door closing.

OK the panel is now 10 years old  but it has had visible deterioration for at least 3 years - the motorhome has never been out of the UK - I dread to think how those in souther climes long term have faired!

My door also needs a firm slam by a hand placed about 2/3 up the door to ensure a proper closure of both catches - both catches failed and I was horrified at the springs which actually secure the door - it was far more secure with my jerry rigged pair of shoe laces securing it!
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down