The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

05/06 Topaz

4 posters

Go down

05/06 Topaz Empty 05/06 Topaz

Post by Oldguard Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm

I have a problem with the electric door mirrors on my 06 T5 Topaz.
The mirrors have a electric fold back option, when the control knob is rotated to the foldback position only one mirror (drivers side) folds back. When the control knob is returned to the 'normal position'  the drivers door mirror returns to normal, unfortunately the passengers mirror then folds in! I cannot get both mirrors to either fold in or out together at the same time. It is pull hair out time confused3 

Anyone got any ideas?

Could it be a relay?

Could it be the door mounted operating toggle switch/selector come door lock button come windows operating switches, gulp! what type of mortgage would I need to replace fedup 

Thanks in anticipation
Oldguard
Oldguard
Oldguard

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

05/06 Topaz Empty Re: 05/06 Topaz

Post by rgermain Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 pm

When I had a Topaz T5, 2007, whenever I got a problem I used to look on Google for answers. Nearly always found a link to the problems. Electrical faults seem to be common on the T5 around that time.
Hope you find an answer.
-------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Was any work done on the van just before the problem started?

For what it does, the system is quite complicated - the overall control module is the one under the driver's seat, but IIRC the window winder motor controller (built into the window winder motor assembly) also controls the mirrors and acts as a subsystem for the main controller.

If you have access to a diagnostic code reader then it may be helpful to see if the controllers are logging any fault codes.

If not, the switch is probably the cheapest component - both the main controller (under the seat) and the winder motor assembly will be frighteningly expensive compared to the switch. IIRC a switch is around £30 but I would be tempted to try a secondhand one to diagnose the problem further.

One further thought: I'm certain I have seen this issue raised on the Uk VWT4forum (which also covers T5s and T6s), so if you can think of an appropriate search term for the problem, you will probably find some answers there.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve&Veronique Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:50 am

Hello, sometimes l manually push in the mirrors so l can walk past the camper on the driveway. Then a few times after getting in to drive away l forget i've manually folded them in and use the control knob. There's then an audible clicking from inside both mirrors (possibly the motor going past its normal limit)  and they fold out in the wrong position, either too far forward, backward or stay folded. Possibly this could be linked to the issue you are having. I suggest you try putting the control knob in the driving position and turning the mirrors manually to the driving position. They need a firm push to move. Then operate the knob and hopefully all will be well. Regards Steve
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down