The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sink plug

+9
Dbvwt
Mogzee
easylifer
palette
Askit
Kdc
Baggiecamper
bikeralw
Mark brown
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sink plug  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sink plug

Post by bikeralw Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Sally wrote:I’m dying to ask.....

When and what do you use the shower plugs for?  I can’t think how I would use them.

Sally
X
When I lay up the van for winter I always give the waste tank a good rinsing out before pouring a little disinfectant down every drain hole including the 3 in the shower.
I then put a plug in them all. As there are no U-traps in the pipes, this stops any stray smells or creepie crawlies getting in the van.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:05 pm

bikeralw wrote:
Sally wrote:I’m dying to ask.....

When and what do you use the shower plugs for?  I can’t think how I would use them.

Sally
X
When I lay up the van for winter I always give the waste tank a good rinsing out before pouring a little disinfectant down every drain hole including the 3 in the shower.
I then put a plug in them all. As there are no U-traps in the pipes, this stops any stray smells or creepie crawlies getting in the van.
Al.
Aha, that makes sense. Thank you.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:44 am

On the subject of odd things pinched off the forecourt : When we got the van, one of the first things my other half did was to practice changing the wheel having never had a Peugeot van before, only Ford.

Cutting a long story short, the five sided adaptor tool for winding the spare wheel down was missing from the kit. What a task that was getting a replacement - Robins & Day parts desk was really helpful but it took a lot of work and we got there in the end, it was only about £12. 

Wasn't worth going back to the AS dealer near Northampton (250 mile round trip) when I could just cycle two miles to Trafford Park.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark brown Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Popped over to dealers today to pick up missing plug and stopper for cooker lid. So all plugged up now
Mark brown
Mark brown

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2