The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spare wheel mechanism -- 2011 Nuevo

2 posters

Go down

Spare wheel mechanism -- 2011 Nuevo Empty Spare wheel mechanism -- 2011 Nuevo

Post by cooperman15 Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Thought I would check the operation of the spare wheel mechanism today prior to first trip this year. I found that the female entry on  flexible drive mechanism to lower the spare wheel was a pentagon and the long extension is a hexagon. Problem solved by fitting a socket to the short drive adaptor and pleased to say the system worked OK. Has anyone else found the same problem ? Also does anyone know if the flexible drive gear mechanism has any lubrication points.
cooperman15
cooperman15

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel mechanism -- 2011 Nuevo Empty Re: Spare wheel mechanism -- 2011 Nuevo

Post by inspiredron Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 am

When my van was delivered it had two "long Allen keys" for the spare wheel. A useless silver coloured one and a pentagonal black one. Only the latter fits. Apparently early spare wheel carriers had a habit of dropping the wheel onto the road. Peugeot did a recall and the revised carrier mechanism needs the pentagonal tool. Anyone with a hexagonal key should check to see whether their chassis is one that should have been recalled.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down