The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alarm help needed please

4 posters

Go down

Alarm help needed please Empty Alarm help needed please

Post by Sally Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:24 am

I can’t quite work out how to set and use the alarm (Sigma) and/or the central locking when inside the van. 

If I try to lock the doors from inside using the key fob, and then set the alarm by using the key fob, the alarm goes off.   The only way I can lock the doors using the central locking is to open and close the doors first. Otherwise the central locking button doesn’t work. If I do the doors then lock it using the central locking, I can hear it ‘clunk’ and the red light on the button comes on. But when I’ve got up this morning the red light on the button is off, and the little round alarm light is flashing 6 times. 

I’m definitely locked in, as someone has tried the doors from the outside, so that’s okay, and I can wild camp.   But any help would be gratefully received as I can’t understand the handbook or the alarm notes. 

Many thanks
Sally

Last edited by Sally on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Alarm help needed please Empty Re: Alarm help needed please

Post by Mike187 Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:40 am

Hi Sally

Don't know about the alarm but the light on the dashboard central locking button does go off after a little while after being pressed, the doors are still locked. The doors are not deadlocked and can be opened as normally.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 am

I'm surprised that you have a Sigma alarm because my Sussex has a Cobra. Seeing as Sussex were only supplied by Marquis, I would have assumed they would all have same alarm. I don't set my alarm when inside, just use central locking button on dash (the red light does go off after a couple of minutes). 
Pressing my fob automatically sets alarm , same as from outside, and the procedure to isolate the internal sensors on a Cobra is too much of a faff.

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:57 am

Paulmold wrote:I'm surprised that you have a Sigma alarm because my Sussex has a Cobra. Seeing as Sussex were only supplied by Marquis, I would have assumed they would all have same alarm. I don't set my alarm when inside, just use central locking button on dash (the red light does go off after a couple of minutes). 
Pressing my fob automatically sets alarm , same as from outside, and the procedure to isolate the internal sensors on a Cobra is too much of a faff.
Hi Paul - many years ago my parents said I was a disappointment and an idiot.  I can only agree as the alarm is indeed a Cobra, I have no idea where sigma came from.   hugegrins

Thanks for the prompt comments from both of you, it’s helped put my mind at ease.
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:09 am

Paulmold wrote:I'm surprised that you have a Sigma alarm because my Sussex has a Cobra. Seeing as Sussex were only supplied by Marquis, I would have assumed they would all have same alarm. I don't set my alarm when inside, just use central locking button on dash (the red light does go off after a couple of minutes). 

Exactly as Paul says, only we have the Sigma Alarm system fitted by Dolphin Motorhomes in 2014 when purchased from them new. We set the locking and unlocking from the buttons on the dash, remembering to lower the steps again in case I go outside!, and only use the Sigma fob when locking up from the outside.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down