The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto sleeper Gloucester floor

4 posters

Go down

Auto sleeper Gloucester floor  Empty Auto sleeper Gloucester floor

Post by Peterdootson Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi, has anyone had any problems with the floors in Gloucester/Malvern, Our 2012 Gloucester dips and a bit springy between the edge of the bed unit to the bathroom door and you can see the plywood underneath at the joint move when someone walks over it, you wouldn’t bounce on it fear of it going through, I have informed the dealer where we bought it from but September is the earliest they can look at it and I’m a bit worried it could be serious and unsafe,I would appreciate any comments please,

Thanks regards Peter
Peterdootson
Peterdootson

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Auto sleeper Gloucester floor  Empty Re: Auto sleeper Gloucester floor

Post by Paramedic Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:37 am

Hi Peter, shame about the long delay before dealer can inspect the floor. Hopefully not a stupid question but are you able to probe under the van at the approximate spot for any similar problem? Not familiar as to how the habitation underside is constructed, but considering how the floor might be insulated and strengthened, it may be a case of slight delamination of the decorative surface? In the meantime, you could contact Autosleepers to confirm this. Regards

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:05 am

Good point from Paramedic, but I wouldn't worry too much anyway Peter.

My tugger friend had a similar, and quite serious problem which was easily and fairly cheaply resolved in the end. His mobile mechanic injected some fancy jollop (excuse the techno babble here!  Whistle1) which hardened to strengthen the floor. With the carpet back in place you wouldn't know it had been done, and he also received a certificate to guarantee the work. (Useful for selling the van at a later date.)

I think it only cost about £100, which was far less than a more radical repair.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:52 pm

I can't work out where exactly you mean. The main floor on my 2011 Malvern is completely covered with a simulated wooden floor covering that passes under all the walls, under the bed and cupboards, etc. so there is nowhere that any exposed plywood could be seen.

Having just returned from 6 weeks away in the van, I know there is no movement in my floor outside the bathroom door.

The raised floor inside the bathroom has always had a bit of give in it, it is covered with a type of vinyl.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterdootson Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi thanks for your replies all of you, it’s under the.van that you can see the plywood move on the joint you can’t see anything inside it’s just when you walk over that area from the edge of the bed where you feel the dip in the simulated wood floor I think like gromit said perhaps it could be sealed with some jollop to stop any water ingress and reinforce the joint with another piece of ply,it’s behind the axel and there will be quite a bit of weight there with the bed frame cooker and boiler in the cupboard and like you say peter the bathroom floor does give a bit might be best to ask someone at auto sleepers like parmedic said and make them aware of it,thanks for your replies and I will let you know what the outcome is,

Regards Peter
Peterdootson
Peterdootson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterdootson Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:38 pm

I’ve taken a couple of pics for you Peter the one with my foot is where it’s spongeyAuto sleeper Gloucester floor  69ed1610Auto sleeper Gloucester floor  69ed1610
Auto sleeper Gloucester floor  87a49d10
Auto sleeper Gloucester floor  996d4d10
Peterdootson
Peterdootson

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:05 am

I see the joint you are talking about. There should be no movement.

The floor has upper and lower coverings with a softwood frame between them, the spaces filled with insulation.

It could be the top surface of the floor has delaminated but I've not heard of that on this model or someone could have tried to drive off with the steadies down and damaged the structure of the floor.

If it was my van, unless it is under some sort of warranty, I would take it to the Service Centre at the Willersey factory for investigation.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterdootson Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi Peter, yes I would agree with you we’ve never used the steadies on any van we’ve had but the previous owner could have I’m going to ring mark burdett at willersley on Monday see what he thinks, it is still under warranty let you know what happens, and thanks again for your input,

Regards Peter
Peterdootson
Peterdootson

Male

Back to top Go down