The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air con - how cold should it be?

+5
dbroada
AutoSleepy_Don
chrisk
Paulmold
Sally
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Air con - how cold should it be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Air con - how cold should it be?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:33 pm

Never had a car that smells like a damp dog, with or without aircon. Perhaps because when the dogs are in then a window is always open.

Long term average mpg drops by about 0.5 with the aircon on in my car.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Air con - how cold should it be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Air con - how cold should it be?

Post by Bulletguy Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm

HairyFool wrote:Remember the "cab" is primarily a business product and the number of company buyers that would fork out for AirCon for their plebs is rather limited (I'll bet their company car has it fitted though).

Just checked on the Ford Transit price list, only the basic manual air conditioning is available and that is £600 plus VAT. I suspect other base vehicles would be much the same.

MH builders have to pre specify their requirements and I suspect would not want to bump the price up that much. After all buyers can add Hab Aircon to their purchase.
That's true. I expect that explains why so many mh's have no aircon. Hab Aircon is a luxury (to me) but cab A/C a virtual essential. I expect after market fitment of cab a/c would prove pretty expensive.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2