The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alarm window stickers

+7
Kingham
Paulmold
Mike187
RogerThat
Paramedic
Heanorboy
Sally
11 posters

Go down

Alarm window stickers Empty Alarm window stickers

Post by Sally Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm

My van has an alarm fitted and working, but there are no window stickers.  What’s the general consensus (if one exists) on whether or not to fit them.  I’ve seen some for sale on the internet which appear genuine, but if I can buy them do people think they are fake.  I also read somewhere that some people think it’s a bad idea to advertise the make, although that seems a little dated now.

Do most on here use alarm stickers?

Sally
X
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Alarm window stickers Empty Re: Alarm window stickers

Post by Heanorboy Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Sally

I don't see how it can do any harm. 
I do agree that advertising the make may not be a great idea something like these doesn't give the thief any help
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
but may make them think twice
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:32 pm

We had the dealer retro fit our Sigma alarm to firstly ensure a low insurance premium and secondly to deter  (hopefully) any break in. No falsehood with stickers supplied as there is clear visibility of flashing red LED on top of dashboard. It's going to make a loud noise with any intended mischief (hopefully).  smile!

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 pm

I had GPS Tracker stickers on my old van windows, but I haven't bothered on the new van.

Mainly because I don't think a thief cares either way... most stolen vehicles will get parked up on an industrial estate for a couple of days while the thief waits to see if it has a tracker on it or not.

I think an alarm is the least of a thiefs worries these days :(
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm

RogerThat wrote:
I think an alarm is the least of a thiefs worries these days :(

Which is one of the reasons I have a Pedal Lock box and a motorbike chain lock looped through my steering wheel!

We all know if someone wants to steal it, they will, but if I can make their life harder, I'm bloody well going to.

It takes me several minutes to remove all my physical locks, but I think it'll take a thief even longer. The more physical deterrents, the better in my opinion.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Yes I would agree you want window stickers and as Paramedic suggests a flashing LED, they're the first line of defence to make a would be thief think twice and hopefully move on. The last thing you want is the alarm to be going off due to an attempt to break in, by that time you have damage to your van.
Personally I would prefer the alarm makers sticker, I assume the thinking is that they might know how to disable it if they know the make. A thief still has to get to it to disable it with it going off even if they know how to. More likely if an alarms sounds then they will grab what they can and quickly leave. 
Regular thieves will know the "fake" stickers that you can buy to give the impression that your vehicle has an alarm when in fact it hasn't and take a chance, if an alarms goes off then run, if one doesn't then take what there is.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:23 pm

When I had a Cobra alarm fitted on the Nuevo it didn't come with any stickers so I got some Cobra ones off ebay. Got Cobra already fitted on Sussex and you've just reminded me to get some stickers.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Vanbitz provided multilingual warning stickers when they fitted my Strikeback+ last year.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Paulmold wrote:When I had a Cobra alarm fitted on the Nuevo it didn't come with any stickers so I got some Cobra ones off ebay. Got Cobra already fitted on Sussex and you've just reminded me to get some stickers.
Hi Paul - mines a Cobra as well; I wonder if they were standard fitting on the Sussex.

I’m going to go for it, Cobra stickers from eBay.  Thanks to everyone who posted, for their input. 

All the best
Sally
X
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Alarm window stickers Empty alarm stickers

Post by Big Erb 98 Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:43 am

I bought some stickers off eBay they come in 6's they put your reg on them as well as warning of a tracker that is monitored by the police (they look really official) I've put them on the windows on the inside and I have also put a no Jaffa cakes are left overnight in this vehicle on the M/H door entrance!!!  lol4
Big Erb 98
Big Erb 98
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am

Big Erb 98 wrote:I bought some stickers off eBay they come in 6's they put your reg on them as well as warning of a tracker that is monitored by the police (they look really official) I've put them on the windows on the inside and I have also put a no Jaffa cakes are left overnight in this vehicle on the M/H door entrance!!!  lol4
I’ve got one for Jimmy Choos  hairdryer
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 am

Big Erb 98 wrote:I bought some stickers off eBay they come in 6's they put your reg on them as well as warning of a tracker that is monitored by the police (they look really official) I've put them on the windows on the inside and I have also put a no Jaffa cakes are left overnight in this vehicle on the M/H door entrance!!!  lol4
I had the above stickers on my Clubman, you have reminded me to get some for this van, although there are alarm stickers on it.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Paramedic wrote:We had the dealer retro fit our Sigma alarm to firstly ensure a low insurance premium and secondly to deter  (hopefully) any break in. No falsehood with stickers supplied as there is clear visibility of flashing red LED on top of dashboard. It's going to make a loud noise with any intended mischief (hopefully).  smile!

Hi, living near you, can I ask you where you had the alarm fitted?

Thanks
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:24 am

I had an alarm fitted to my van but no stickers and wouldn't bother with any tbh. The flashing led is more than enough...bright neon blue. In fact it's too bright if anything. But battery drainage is pretty crazy so when on tour i set the alarm only when wild camping. If on a site i generally don't set it.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down