The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol

4 posters

Go down

Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol Empty Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol

Post by Davew Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi from a new member.
We are relatively experienced motorhomers (?) but about to take delivery of a, for us, fairly new and shiny Symbol. Our previous van had a 120 watt solar panel and a hefty 2nd battery but the new van will have an 80 watt panel with no 2nd battery - am I worrying unnecessarily about draining the van battery? We tend to use ehu in this country but in warmer parts of Europe we often use aires and small sites which may or may not have power. If anyone out there has a newer model Symbol - where do AS put the 2nd battery? Under the driver's seat? 
Thanks for any thoughts,

Dave
Davew
Davew

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol Empty Re: Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. We had an 80w panel and only one leisure battery of 90 amp and a battery-master on our Nuevo and in summer months we mainly use C&CC temporary holiday sites with no hook up leaving the van on site for up to 4 or 5 nights and never had dead batteries.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol Empty Re: Fitting a leisure battery to a Symbol

Post by Heanorboy Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 pm

I have a 2012 version and have installed a second battery, the first battery was under the long bench seat making it a fairly simple job, if you are buying a 2014 on it may well be different so putting the year on your "new" van would allow a more relevant answer. I fitted on because I didn't have a solar panel at the time
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Davew Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks to both of you for answering so quickly. it's a 2017 model so will have less as standard, which will help.
Davew
Davew

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Davew Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm

whoops, LEDs, wretched auto correct!
Davew
Davew

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi, DaveW if you complete your profile , with your van model and year you will receive more advice tailored to your predicaments, Symbols have  evolved over time.
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down