The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLUBMAN BLINDS

2 posters

Go down

CLUBMAN BLINDS Empty CLUBMAN BLINDS

Post by bullet Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:07 am

I'm sure this subject is not new but...........Are there other makes of blinds anyone has fitted to the Clubman (Anniversary 2003 model). The existing ones are in poor condition with frayed ends on the mesh and curled frayed edges on the actual blinds. I see there are other types such as Horrex which are pleated but I suppose they all have various advantages/disadvantages. Cost seems to vary too. The rear blind is more sensible in that the mesh and the blind are completely independent of each other but the unit is open at the bottom. I had a problem years ago with blinds fitted to my Trident whereby they jammed and it was a real pain to "feed" it all back to its retracted position. 

If there aren't suitable alternatives does anyone know the cost of a full replacement originals for each side?

If I am in the wrong area can someone please move it to the right place on the forum

Thank you.
bullet
bullet

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

CLUBMAN BLINDS Empty Re: CLUBMAN BLINDS

Post by -mojo- Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:26 am

I believe the most commonly used makes were Seitz and Remis, but A/S may have used others. It's quite likely that if you phone A/S with your van Build Number (typically on a sticker in the glove box) they will tell you the make that they fitted from the factory.

They may also still be able to sell you replacements, but you can expect them to be very expensive - whether you buy them direct or from elsewhere - though I'm not sure whether you can buy them new or not now (obviously A/S will know for sure).
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by bullet Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks I'll call A/S for a price and will hold my breath!
bullet
bullet

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm fairly sure A/S parts will have them, but original replacements are available from Leisure Shop Direct. Not cheap but make a big difference.

Side windows 1030x700

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rear window 960x710 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I replaced mine over 4 years ago with the above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down