The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Plate Rack

4 posters

Go down

Replacement Plate Rack Empty Replacement Plate Rack

Post by nimbus Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm sure that most would agree that it's about time that Autosleepers redsigned the flimsy plastic plate rack that takes up far too much space. In our Duo the spare space in the cupboard is taken up with all sorts of other stuff such as washing up liquid, plastic glasses, tea, coffee etc. making it even more difficult to replace the plates with the Velcro straps. Incidentally, the four crystal wine glasses went long ago as they might look good in the showroom but take up far too much space.

If anyone has ditched the plastic rack and replaced it with something more practical I'd be very interested in seeing the end result.

Roly

nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Replacement Plate Rack Empty Re: Replacement Plate Rack

Post by dbnosey Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Roly

They have in my late 2011 model Duo it’s been replaced with a small metal one that rattles when on the move, unless you pack the plates with that grip mat stuff. They have also changed the front roof vent with an aluminium louver one which also rattles when on the move and parked up if it’s windy. My dealer is replacing mine for the old Helki with the blind free of charge. Your leisure battery is in a metal tray. I have a square piece of plywood screwed to the cab floor under the driver’s seat with a bottle strap holding the battery in place.

colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Back to top Go down

Replacement Plate Rack Empty Re: Replacement Plate Rack

Post by roli Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 am

We moved ours over a bit to gain more space.

You would be surprised how many people take out the fitted rack and make their own. Some I have seen are a credit to the owners inventiveness (if thats a word) I have some photos in the depths of a external hard drive that I took some years ago at a Club & Company Rally that were in either and Exec or Talisman and I still think the vans owner did a
better job than any other van I have seen - I will see if I can find them and post
roli
roli

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Replacement Plate Rack Empty replacment plate rack

Post by murph Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi All,
Our Lancashire had no plate rack or plates when we bought it, and as the overhead cupboards curve inwards at the bottom this prevents 10 inch dinner plates fitting in edgeways unless you raise them about 2 inches above the floor of the cupboard. I have built my own plywood rack padded with foam to accomodate plates in this position + cereal dishes and cups at one end of a locker, as I consider mounting plates flat against the back wall wastes space and makes for more awkward use.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down