The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenna Habitation Door not closing

3 posters

Go down

Ravenna Habitation Door not closing Empty Ravenna Habitation Door not closing

Post by kieranfitz3 Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 pm

The Habitation Door on my Ravenna does not close properly.  It does not seal on the bottom corner away from the hinge.  It is as if the door is twisted.  It locks so not a security problem but I can hear road noise through the gap.  Is there anything that can be done.  Pictures below show the gap when closed.

Ravenna Habitation Door not closing Img_2013
Ravenna Habitation Door not closing Img_2014
kieranfitz3

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Ravenna Habitation Door not closing Empty Re: Ravenna Habitation Door not closing

Post by gef Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi have you checked the door catches are locating properly and do they need adjustment
Gef
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Ravenna Habitation Door not closing Empty Re: Ravenna Habitation Door not closing

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:07 am

Mine is the same, slight gap at bottom corner, did you get anywhere with it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am

With the door open try to operate the catches to the closed position then operate the handle do they both latch close and then snap open when you operate the handle. If the bottom catch does not operate the same as the top it is likely that a small 50p spring has snapped on the lock mechanism, preventing the bottom of the door from locking.
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by kieranfitz3 Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am

It dosn't have top or bottom catches.  The door is warped I think.  I will look at it again in the Spring.
kieranfitz3

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Yes mine just has the centre catch, i had a look at it this morning and adjusted the catch by about 5mm, so it now pulls the door a lot more in, the gap seems to have reduced considerably. I guess flex etc means the door may well  not fix so snugly as when new. Still at least I cant see daylight through now. We are are off this weekend for our first trip of 2018, mind you it was so cold today, I might regret it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down