The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo.

2 posters

Go down

Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo. Empty Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo.

Post by Andy Cheetham Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:55 pm

I have recently had an oil leak on my 53,000K above and took it into VW for repair.
200 quid turbo pipe thank you off i go, leaking still!
Back in and 1200 quid new turbo and i asked if all was ok as i was driving 3500 mile round trip to Portugal and needed assurance, they said all was fine:up!:

After entering France we saw that the whole of the rear tailgate was covered in tiny oil spots and the underneath covered in oil.rolleyes

I phones Vw who said could be oil in turbo but they were not that * Inappropriate Word * in helping really.

Once in Portugal I contacted the trusty RAC and they sent me to a local garage where they washed it all down and said it was not the turbo but they could not find the leak.
They suggested 2 days road test and bring it back which due to time limits i could not do.
To be fair they were very nice.up!

We decided to drive the 1800 mile home and although the van pulled and drove well at 500 mile a day i had to put oil in it regular and clean the back every night, awful looking mess!

I am home now with a line of oil dots on the drive and * Inappropriate Word * off with VW.

I have sent them an email but do i go back to them or get an independent garage and start again?

Advice and any other similar situations appreciated.

PS If i were VW i would monitor this site and deal with our problems.

Regards

A simple man.
Andy Cheetham
Andy Cheetham

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident 2005. 2.5tdi

Back to top Go down

Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo. Empty Sorry for inappropriate words.

Post by Andy Cheetham Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Sorry about the expletives i didn't realise!censored!
Andy Cheetham
Andy Cheetham

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident 2005. 2.5tdi

Back to top Go down

Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo. Empty Re: Oil leak 2005 VW Trident 2.5 Turbo.

Post by -mojo- Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:20 pm

It's a bit surprising that after that many miles and having been cleaned while you were in Portugal, there is no obvious visible evidence around the engine bay? Are you running with an engine undertray on or not?

One approach would be to do a search of the UK T4 Forum's website and see if you can find all the common leak points on a T5 with your engine code and then eliminate them one by one, by taping clean cloth around each location, driving and then looking for evidence. If you want to do that, do not use the T4forum's built-in search engine - if for example you search for "AXD engine oil leak" it ignores three of the words and just searches for "leak"!!! So use Google instead with the search option site:t4forum.co.uk at the end.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down