The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fridge relay

2 posters

Go down

Fridge relay Empty Fridge relay

Post by frederic Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:00 am

Any one know the location of the of the 12volt relay for the fridge when on 12v while traveling
Our 2009 duetto a/s hand book is 2004 vintage and anyway their wiring dags are very generic!
Fridge works on gas and mains so I imagine when the hab check was done the 12v heater was not checked!
Frederic
Also what cleaner /treatment do people use on their black thin matt trim that replaced the plastic mouldings on the earlier Duetto's?

frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Fridge relay Empty Re: Fridge relay

Post by willconquerer Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:00 am

On our 2007 Duetto the relay was in the box under the drivers seat on the offside just hanging on its wires, you need to either slide the cover of the seat box out (there is a locating pin at the front edge that needs to be removed first) and slide the seat fully forward for a restricted access to the seat box or best remove the whole seat first. I think there are 5 bolts holing the seat down, 2 at the front and 3 at the back, you will need a 13mm box spanner or socket if I remember correctly. Our relay overheated and started to melt the housing/socket probably due to poor contacts so we replaced it after a while.

I wrote a few 'billy doos' on duetto electrics, if you want a copy/copies pm me.

Good luck.

PD
willconquerer
willconquerer

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwickduo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down