The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident Decals / Stripes

5 posters

Go down

Trident Decals / Stripes Empty Trident Decals / Stripes

Post by CC Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:16 am

Can anyone with a later T4 Auto Sleeper "Trident" confirm what stripe / decals they have?

We have a 2001 Trident which has the green metalic coach stripe down the side and on the rear door etc (as in the 2nd pic) but we would like to change the decals for some like in the 1st pic which I beleive are on the later models (2003) just before they went over to the T5 bodys? can anyone clarify?

The blue decals just look a little more up to date but will mean we will still retain the Auto Sleeper identidy, also the trident logo in brush script on the front wings either side appears to have been replaced with a stick on badge? any comments or if someone has a Trident like this it would be great to hear from you or even better see some pic?

Regards

CC

Pic #1 (newer graphics)

Trident Decals / Stripes 28jjy94

Pic #2 (older graphics)

Trident Decals / Stripes 2a4zcih
CC
CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Trident Decals / Stripes Empty Re: Trident Decals / Stripes

Post by stevomar Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Here's the stripes on my van - As Autosleeper had discontinued it after a prang I had to get a local sign man to make up new one for my sliding door - It's the stripe on the right - I reckon he's made a great job !

Trident Decals / Stripes Nbqikk 👏

Trident Decals / Stripes R08swj

Last edited by Forum_Moderator on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moderator: Resized Photos to 640x480)
stevomar
stevomar
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks for posting the pics :(Y) or (y):

That is actually quite nice, did you colour code your bumpers by the way? (I mean do it yourself) or did you get them painted by
a professional, or maybe they were like it from new? they look so much better white I think!
CC
CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Coach stripes are definately vinyl on our Trident, how about yours Stevo? undecided
CC
CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:24 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Coach stripes are definately vinyl on our Trident, how about yours Stevo? undecided

Def vinyl !

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Forgive the semi hijack, but this'll hopefully save starting a one-answer post.
Please can someone tell me whether the panel on the front of the hi-top on my 94 Trident is paint or a decal (the body stripe is painted on)?
Sorry if this is a dim Q, but I can't tell after having a gentle scratch at it and don't want to deface it without being clear what's involved in removing or replacing.

Thanks much people........
Peel
Peel

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Peel

On my 2002 it is definately a decal - and it has been replaced and needs replacing again as it gets a lot of hammer when driving.
On yours,I suspect if itis older and the body strip is painted on then the Hi Top stripe will be also paint - Is it in as good condition as the body stripes ?

Autosleeper will propbably able to tell you for definate.

Cheers

Steve

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Peel wrote:Please can someone tell me whether the panel on the front of the hi-top on my 94 Trident is paint or a decal (the body stripe is painted on)

Hi Peel

I wouldn't like to say for definate but if your coach stripes are painted on then I would guess the stripe on the high roof also is but dont quote me on that, our 2001 Trident has vinyl decals but Trophy said his were painted on and I think his vehicle was either a 94 or 95 model so it seems like the earlier models were indeed painted? If you run your fingers over it can you feel an edge? ours is very easy to tell it's vinyl so this would suggest also yours are painted on?

As Stevo said a call to Autosleeper should be able to tell you for certain, emails seem a bit hit and miss from my experience but in their defence they are a very busy company!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 am

I appreciate its your van and you can do what you want, but the green stripes indicate you have green upholstry and the blue stripes blue upholstry !!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:39 am

roli wrote:I appreciate its your van and you can do what you want, but the green stripes indicate you have green upholstry and the blue stripes blue upholstry !!

Yes, after giving the matter some though I think I will retain the current stripes as we are considering going for a slightly later model (hopefully) so will leave the orginal decals intact I think as I dont want to detract from its autosleeper identidy wellhappy

They are perfectly OK and in good order so no reason to replace them other than for aesthetic reasons. Hoping we can track down a later Trident or Topaz on the T4 chassis that just looks a little more up to date providing the upgrade doesnt cost us a fortune of course :)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hamps_w Wed May 22, 2013 6:24 pm

roli wrote:I appreciate its your van and you can do what you want, but the green stripes indicate you have green upholstry and the blue stripes blue upholstry !!

Just trudging old ground. As im looking for info on the coach stripes. But...i have blue upholstery...And a Honda Grey Coach Stripe. Mind you....mind is an early one.
hamps_w
hamps_w

Male

Member Age : 44
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down