The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo TV Aerial

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo TV Aerial Empty Nuevo TV Aerial

Post by Greyhound Wed May 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Regarding the TV aerial in a 2004 Nuevo, we have an aerial socket above the fridge, but there doesn't seem to be an aerial on the roof or a position to fit one.

Does anyone know if this is somehow built into the chassis, or do I need to connect up an aerial somewhere on the roof - I looked all over when doing the solar panel install and couldn't find anything obvious to attach an aerial to?

Thanks,
Rob.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Nuevo TV Aerial Empty Re: Nuevo TV Aerial

Post by Paulmold Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 pm

My 2006 Nuevo has the aerial mounted above the wardrobe. Do you have a booster on the inside wall of the wardrobe?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Wed May 18, 2016 6:16 pm

This is the link to my solution. The existing socket on my van was connected to nothing. In the wrong place anyway.
https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t10493-aerial-position-for-2004-nuevo-ek
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 am

No booster or anything in the wardrobe - as Al says it appears to be in the wrong place regardless.

Maybe it was fitted but having it wired up to a roof mounted aerial was an optional extra.

No problem, thanks for letting me know - I currently use a little Avtex powered aerial (powered directly from the TV) but was thinking a permanent solution would be nice.  As many others though, watching TV is extremely low on our priorities when out and about so will probably just leave as is.

Thanks,
Rob.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu May 19, 2016 4:17 pm

To quote the manual Rob; The TV aerial socket is positioned above the fridge. The coaxial cable is attached to the socket outlet and coiled behind the socket unit. Sufficient cable is provided for it to be run vertically to the roof for connection to a TV aerial.
Like yourself though, TV is low on our list of must-haves, hence our tiny TV and minimal spend on the aerial and booster.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 8:47 pm

On my 2002 Nuevo the cable from the TV socket above the fridge ran through the floor and was curled up in the space below the wardrobe floor, AS then ran it up above the shelf to a booster to a short stem aerial which you can raise and position as required
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Fri May 20, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks everyone, so it's pretty much there as an AS optional extra.  Nice to know for the future in case I want to go that route.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Back to top Go down