The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Kamekaze Water Dump

2 posters

Go down

Truma Kamekaze Water Dump Empty Truma Kamekaze Water Dump

Post by Machloop Sat 23 Apr 2016 - 20:45

Just been out to the Kingham to see water running down the street as it is cold here.  No problem I'm filling it up in the morning anyway but I have a cunning plan for whilst we are away for the next few days wild camping.  I intend to leave the heater on full time set to 5 degrees so that the van always stays above the dreaded 3 degrees.
Anyone see any problems with this ?  We have tank heaters fitted if they will help but I don't see them helping water already in the van anyway.  I am only about 20% through RTFMs so still learning here.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Truma Kamekaze Water Dump Empty Re: Truma Kamekaze Water Dump

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat 23 Apr 2016 - 21:13

If you've got heating on in the van then there isn't usually a problem with pipes freezing internally as they are at the ambient temperature inside. That's why a lot of Continental vans have their fresh water tanks under the dinette seat, keeping it safely above freezing We were also lucky in our Adria Compact in that the Truma Combi was installed partially under the end of the kitchen and partially in the 'garage' under the bed. The drain valve was right beside the Combi and so it was kept above the dreaded 3 degrees all night as we kept the Combi running at a lowish level.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Truma Kamekaze Water Dump Empty Re: Truma Kamekaze Water Dump

Post by Machloop Sat 23 Apr 2016 - 21:30

steamdrivenandy wrote:If you've got heating on in the van then there isn't usually a problem . The drain valve was right beside the Combi and so it was kept above the dreaded 3 degrees all night as we kept the Combi running at a lowish level.

That's what I figured. I'll give it a test over the next few days/nights on our travels, no probs if it dumps again as we are not far from water.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down