The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway FB bike carrier Re-posted

+3
Paramedic
Bad Penny
Jansellsbond
7 posters

Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty Broadway FB bike carrier Re-posted

Post by Jansellsbond Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:38 pm

We have a 2013 Broadway FB (7165mm. long)  and wish to carry 2 lightweight bikes.  

The options seem to be a Fiamma Lift 77 mounted through the rear panel with nuts and bolts in the shower and overhead lockers etc.  or a towbar fitted Thule 9402 with all that requires with approved type towbars and extended AlCo chassis etc.. 

Anyone out there carry bikes on their FB?   How do you do it?  any help would be appreciated.

Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty Re: Broadway FB bike carrier Re-posted

Post by Bad Penny Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 pm

On my Broadway rear kitchen, we had a bike rack fitted which had securing in the bath room  and hidden in the kitchen area.
We never had a problem and even carried two electric bikes, the only difficulty we found was it was a little too high to lift and remove two heavy bikes.
In your case , you say it is for two lightweight bikes, therefore should be ok. If in doubt speak to Mark at AS regarding fixing position, as they reinforce an area for bike racks.

Hope this helps.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty Re: Broadway FB bike carrier Re-posted

Post by Paramedic Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi Jansellsbond, we instructed the dealer to fit a fiamma carry-bike pro c to our recently acquired FB 2013 and mounted at sufficient height so that the  lower fixing points did not obscure the Broadway logo. In this position, you are assured that the holes are drilled in the extra bonded area as recommended by A/S (see owner's manual). Yes the carrier presents at quite a height but my wife and I easily lift each electric bike (19 kg) onto the carrier rail. Then I need to stand on a folding step to reach up and secure the respective bike-block pro clamps. The two offside fixing points are visible in the shower cubicle whereas the others are hidden behind the bed headboard. If you choose this option, your two lightweight bikes will be very easy to position on this carrier.
Regards

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty Wind down bike carrier for old fogeys!

Post by Jansellsbond Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:00 pm

I have just ordered the Fiamma Lift 77. (  http://www.fiamma.com/EN/products/carry-bike/motorhome/carry-bike_lift_77/  ).  It is being fitted by Marquis in Ivybridge on Friday so I will let you know how it goes!
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty Re Broadway FB Bike carrier

Post by raybow Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:07 am

Hi Jansellbond

I have a 2013 Broadway fb with a towbar fitted and use a Thule towbar two bike carrier which I carry two electric bikes on.
This has been very successful for us travelling all around Europe and would recommend this. 
I do use a couple of rachet straps to keep the bike cover from flapping about

I can keep an eye on the bikes while travelling through the rear-view camera

Raybow
raybow
raybow

Male

Member Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansellsbond Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

We now have a shiny new bike rack.  It is the Fiamma Lift 77.  It has a magnetically attached winding handle that raises and lowers the bikes and both the wife and I can use the rack unaided. The fitting looks a little inelegant both indoors and outside.  In the shower there is a 15cm X 10cm stainless steel plate with a white cap over the upper bolt and a white cap over the lower one.  The outside was sealed with mastic that appears to have been applied in a hurry.  Some photos on jansellsbond.com our blog.
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 pm

Well the mastic looks awful. I would not have accepted that as it looks so unprofessional. I would ask them to do it properly.
The design of the rack however does look good.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansellsbond Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm

See the new Fiamma Lift 77  bike rack in action at jansellsbond.com 
I have even spent some time tidying up the mastic.
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Very sorry that I missed your original query. We have the Fiamma lift rack on a Nuevo. Expensive but worth it. Works a charm. Loading is so easy. I sometimes use a drill to unwind it.
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:05 pm

moggyminor1966 wrote:Well the mastic looks awful. I would not have accepted that as it looks so unprofessional. I would ask them to do it properly.

Good god... I'm with you on that Moggy! 

Marquis quality comes up trumps again, Not! hugegrins

Have you ever seen anything like it? shrugg scratch head 

(Hope the original poster doesn't mind me uploading his photo)

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Jrr3bo

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Broadway FB bike carrier  Re-posted Empty In my defense your Honour..

Post by Jansellsbond Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:27 pm

No of course not "CC" you are welcome to re-post my pictures.  In my defense in the court of "Not Complaining Cos We're British" it was handed over to us at 5:30 p.m. and they are a 1 hour drive from Dawlish where we live.  I will just have to tidy it up myself. I am not a stranger to complaining to this dealer and hold a ream of correspondence with them regarding other matters which have all been corrected satisfactorily.  I could have fitted the thing myself but I would like to have someone to sue if it falls off and I am a terrible payer.  Check out the "corner steady removal part of my blog at:
jansellsbond.com 
for further details of the motorhome.
Jansellsbond
Jansellsbond

Male

Back to top Go down