The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK 2011

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK 2011 Empty Nuevo EK 2011

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:09 pm

For some reason I cannot now insert the key fully into the habitation door lock to open and lock it. It does have remote locking also but as it only works intermittently I have always used the key which is just as easy.
Has anyone had this problem?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK 2011 Empty Re: Nuevo EK 2011

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:29 pm

moggyminor1966 wrote:For some reason I cannot now insert the key fully into the habitation door lock to open and lock it. It does have remote locking also but as it only works intermittently I have always used the key which is just as easy.
Has anyone had this problem?
Hi Moggy 
Not sure if your door is the same as the older Nuevo?. Check the push down pin on the inside of the door located on the handle . You might have to use the remote to get the pin to come up. scratch head
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Burlingtonboaby- thanks for your reply. I checked the pin that was up and operates OK. Tried to get the key in again and by pushing very hard it went in so sprayed some silicon through the keyhole and it no goes in and out much easier.
By the way mine is on the X250 Boxer.
Took the plastic cover off the inside covering the remote locking mechanism and a small circlip fell out. It is from the rear of one of the retractable pins and at the moment is hanging out more than the others. Not too sure how to get it back in as the end of the pin may be damaged. Any ideas as it certainly does not work at present?
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:40 pm

moggyminor1966 wrote:Hi Burlingtonboaby- thanks for your reply. I checked the pin that was up and operates OK. Tried to get the key in again and by pushing very hard it went in so sprayed some silicon through the keyhole and it no goes in and out much easier.
By the way mine is on the X250 Boxer.
Took the plastic cover off the inside covering the remote locking mechanism and a small circlip fell out. It is from the rear of one of the retractable pins and at the moment is hanging out more than the others. Not too sure how to get it back in as the end of the pin may be damaged. Any ideas as it certainly does not work at present?
If you cannot get an answer to the problem on the forum then a phone call to Mark at A/S Willersey might be the answer?,
He's on 01386853511.
Good luck
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down