The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEISURE BATTERY

2 posters

Go down

LEISURE BATTERY Empty LEISURE BATTERY

Post by glenpens Wed May 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Looking for someone to help me with my Leisure Battery in my Talbot Express Rambler 1990.
I have only just got this Auto sleeper and although the leisure battery charges when the engine is running it doesn't seem to charge on mains hook up. How do I know if its wired for this.

Glen
glenpens
glenpens

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : TALBOT EXPRESS RAMBL
Vehicle Year : 1990Vehi

Back to top Go down

LEISURE BATTERY Empty Re: LEISURE BATTERY

Post by fisherman3 Wed May 20, 2015 10:20 pm

charging on hook up was an extra.our rambler gl was the same(1992).on site i connect a caravan battery charger through the bulkhead and plug it into a mains plug works a treat.also make sure the two fuses adjacent to the leisure battery are sound and not corroded.go to your local battery dealer and he will fix you up,all the neccesary bits are included.if you need any advice contact me.
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down

Post by glenpens Thu May 21, 2015 8:55 am

fisherman3 wrote:charging on hook up was an extra.our rambler gl was the same(1992).on site i connect a caravan battery charger through the bulkhead and plug it into a mains plug works a treat.also make sure the two fuses adjacent to the leisure battery are sound and not corroded.go to your local battery dealer and he will fix you up,all the neccesary bits are included.if you need any advice contact me.

Thanks for your reply, what size charger did you use,  I'v seen a charger that you can leave connected up to the battery but it is only 3amp do you think it would be ok
Glen
glenpens
glenpens

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : TALBOT EXPRESS RAMBL
Vehicle Year : 1990Vehi

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherman3 Thu May 21, 2015 10:27 pm

no you need a proper charger to be used as a service charger.go to your nearest battery factor(not a garage that sells batteries)the charger is a dual purpusel unit and can be used as a power source.they cost about £70 . they can be left on all the while you are on site,and will keep your battery charged and help keep all your 12 volt systems going with out running the leisure battery down.if you look at them in your local caravan shop you will see what i mean.they will be more expensive there of course.as a thought google your battery dealers and one near you will pop up.good luck. george.
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down