The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help?

+3
mikethebike
-mojo-
dandywarhol
7 posters

Go down

Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help? Empty Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:06 pm

I live in Belper, Derbyshire and want to have a good look around a T4 AutoSleeper Trophy or Topaz is there anyone fairly close wouldn't mind showing us round? up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help? Empty Re: Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm

frontslide wrote:I live in Belper, Derbyshire and want to have a good look around a T4 AutoSleeper Trophy or Topaz is there anyone fairly close wouldn't mind showing us round? up!
That'll be a no then. so_sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help? Empty Re: Topaz,Trophy in Derbyshire Can A Member Help?

Post by dandywarhol Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:17 pm

That's a pity Frontslide - with 5800 members you'd think someone would have piped up. I put a similar post up the other day to have a look at a van near Kidderminster but nobody responded. 
The same request in a bike forum with a similar membership and 2 kind folks responded, including one who spent 40 minutes on his mobile with me as he talked me around the motorhome  allthumbz

Maybe just bad luck that you live bang in the middle of englandshire  winks

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:18 pm

It's a tricky one, as not everyone wants one or more complete strangers turning up and traipsing around their pride and joy! It may be a bit different for long-established forum members who know one another from interactions here in the past, but to ask with your first post on a forum is maybe pushing things a bit too far?

Anyway, my take on it is that, rather than impose as a complete unknown on a random forum member, it is far, far better to find the model of van that you are interested in at a local dealer, and going and imposing yourself on them! At least it's part of their job, and they have the prospect that they ~might~ sell you the van as an incentive to spend time on it.

Last edited by -mojo- on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : baaad smelling)
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum.It maybe because only a small percentage of our members are on line.
Then you take the model,then the area.
I would not expect a quick reply unless you are very lucky.
Less than 10 may say hallo.

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Fair point chaps - hadn't seen it as a first post.........................  blushes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi,
There is an autosleeper dealer in the middle of Derby who may be worth phoning and visiting,
Chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 pm

I went up and the country for months looking for what I wanted, that way you see for yourself what is available and condition and prices, there are 5 Topaz at least on eBay, Trophy may be harder to see, I looked  at a1996 supposedly the other side of Swansea and I live in Leicestershire, 3 years ago when looking for my first van,  so a 4 hour trip there and the same back, , iit was a private sale, t was a load of rust, wouldn`t even consider it .I had done my homework before hand it looked like a 1991 body the no. plate didn1t tally with the colour of the upholstery so I knew it wasn`t right. That was a learning curve, I travelled hundreds of miles and looked at several others, in the end I bought my Topaz privately from North Lincolnshire, found it on the CC web page. you could also look on the C&CC web page.
After 12 months I was looking again for a larger model, it is not easy searching for the right van but can be fun and a learning curve, find out a lot that way.
Good luck,
Regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:47 am

chrisvesey wrote:Hi,
There is an autosleeper dealer in the middle of Derby who may be worth phoning and visiting,
Chris
Thanks Chris any idea where/name?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm

I think the dealer in question is Motorplus - very helpful they are too.
John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Link here... they are the only place where you can see every model of AS on display (new that is)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Thank you for the useful replies Motorplus dont have any T4 Tropy/Topaz campers though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:49 pm

The big dealers aren't really interested in older vans - too little profit margin in it for them.

The thing that I would do is to go on the Yellow Pages website, put in your postcode and "camper van" or similar and see what smaller dealers come up - it will let you expand the search to cover as big an area as you like. You will probably be surprised at how many smaller dealers there are around. Or look on Ebay and put in your postcode and it will show you which vans are nearby.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 pm

This dealer (a member on here) deals with the 'older' vans. As you can see he had a Trophy, now sold, so worth keeping an eye on his website..

and this one tends to have quite a few Auto-Sleepers and as you can see he has both a Trophy and a Topaz. He gets part-ex's from at least one AS dealer (my Symphony ended up there)..

no connection to either  by the way.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Just found these 'trade sales' at Southdowns, all 3 are AS's including 2 Trophys..

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks for the response, i only want to look at the layout of a Topaz or Trophy im not looking to buy one, hence my original request i thought this would be a good place to ask as i though there would be someone fairly close by. By the way if anyone wants a good look round a Japanese Hiace Reimo you are more than welcome even if you are a complete stranger up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down