The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted Theft

+2
PLOUGHLIN
GaryH61
6 posters

Go down

Attempted Theft  Empty Attempted Theft

Post by GaryH61 Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Woke this morning to find my 'Van had been assaulted by the night crawling low life's with an attempt to take her for a joy ride with a view to rape and pillage. fedup Lucky for us she's a tough old bird (circa 1995)  and did not give in to the scum that they were and refused to start.

However the scars need attention namely a replacement drivers door lock barrel. Anyone know where I might acquire one/set.

In addition  anyone recommend a local (Bolton / Horwich) area secure storage site that don't charge the earth but are still secure 

It would seem 'tis the season for it as only last night another van was taken from this area and was later found crashed nearby. We were lucky and I feel sorry for the poor family who's van was taken and also the pensioners whose house the thieves crashed the van into.

I have reported my incident police  in the hope if any evidence can be got to find out who did this and get the censored! and string them up by the censored!

regards

Gary
GaryH61
GaryH61

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport

Back to top Go down

Attempted Theft  Empty Re: Attempted Theft

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 pm

ANy good?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryH61 Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks Peter up!
GaryH61
GaryH61

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:46 am

Gary,

Sorry to hear that .... tap_fingers

.... but very glad that you still have a van .... allthumbz allthumbz allthumbz

.... and wondering at the level of stupidity amongst current "joyriders"!  wave wave

I mean, who the hell would want to "joyride" in a 20 years old motorhome?? scratch head scratch head

I was a "bit of a lad" when I was younger (mea culpa) .... blushes blushes

.... but I can't ever remember me or a mate suggesting "Let's go and nick something so that we can make a cup of tea!" lol4 lol4

I dearly hope the  police   police   catch them but I sincerely believe that they will hardly try! tap_fingers tap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

PS

goneoff  but ...
What about the plea from the Police Federation that the police police  all carry Tazers eh?

Hasn't the Head of the Police Federation considered that there might be "two of 'em"?

As far as I know, the Tazer is a "one-shot" device so you Tazer one and then ....?? scratch head

The way I see it is that you finish up with one that will recover in a foul temper in a few minutes .... tap_fingers tap_fingers

.... and you are now facing his mate who knows you are out of ammunition! Whistle1 Whistle1

Answers to "What happens next?" to the Head of the Police Federation please. lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

I think as Dutto said I doubt you will get any help from police as the support given to law abiding citizens seems way below the help that appears to be showered upon those of lesser morals.  censored!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by petern Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Your story is a bit of a shocker as I had naively assumed that my elderly (1993) Trafic Rapport - although much loved by us - was far too old and bulky to be a target for the sort of low life you describe. Mind you, one of Jemima's endearing characteristics as that, no matter how cold or warm the weather, or how enthusiastic my foreplay, she always takes several minutes to be aroused, so that might protect her sufficiently from a similar fate!

petern
petern
petern

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryH61 Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks to all for your replies and support, Dutto is right you can get a pizza to your house quicker that the police, but hey ho this is the society we live in today.

update

Update; he old girl has gone into MH hospital for a service,  MOT, and fixing  I hope this will not break the bank of Monte Carlo and we will soon be able to be off and about.
GaryH61
GaryH61

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 am

Fingers crossed the bank requirement is relatively small.

A pal told me that he had seen a write up about cars somewhere in Africa that have flame throwers along the sides to stop traffic light high jack. Hmmm scratch head wonder if I could install something like that triggered by the alarm Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:08 am

Jaytee wrote:Fingers crossed the bank requirement is relatively small.

A pal told me that he had seen a write up about cars somewhere in Africa that have flame throwers along the sides to stop traffic light high jack. Hmmm scratch head wonder if I could install something like that triggered by the alarm Whistle1

I hired a car in Port Elizabeth while commissioning a big melter many years ago and was quite impressed by the Vecta style immobiliser fitted to a Nissan Sunny.

Impressed that is until someone told me that the hijackers would now prefer to shoot me dead through the window at the 'robots' (traffic lights), to make sure that they can access the immobiliser key.  Whistle1
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:00 pm

meanchris wrote:

I hired a car in Port Elizabeth while commissioning a big melter many years ago and was quite impressed by the Vecta style immobiliser fitted to a Nissan Sunny.

Impressed that is until someone told me that the hijackers would now prefer to shoot me dead through the window at the 'robots' (traffic lights), to make sure that they can access the immobiliser key.  Whistle1

Hiya,

That attitude is why I will NEVER have a "fingerprint" type lock on a computer!! allthumbzallthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Dutto wrote:
meanchris wrote:

Hiya,

That attitude is why I will NEVER have a "fingerprint" type lock on a computer!! allthumbzallthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Yes, and retina identfication. Yuk, how many films have there been with someone holding a removed eyeball ready  for the ID machine. yikes

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down