The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats?

Go down

Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats? Empty Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats?

Post by JPCoetzee Thu May 29, 2014 4:09 pm

I miss my old T25's captain seats with armrests. T4 captain seats can be had on Ebay, some with stained furnishings so quite cheap.

Is it possible to fit the cushions and covers from my existing driver and passenger seats?
JPCoetzee
JPCoetzee

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz (2000)

Back to top Go down

Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats? Empty Re: Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats?

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Yes it's possible as the main seat base and back are the same size, but it's quite difficult to stretch the material fixing it onto the underneath of the base. If you go down that route make a careful note of how the material is fastened under the seat base

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats? Empty Re: Swap VW Topaz seats for captain seats?

Post by JPCoetzee Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

hoopman wrote:If you go down that route ...

Are there other options, if I want to keep the fabric? It's no longer available.

Thanks for your help.
JPCoetzee
JPCoetzee

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz (2000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm

No not really if you want to keep the same fabric. The alternative would be to get the captain seats you find re trimmed in some complementary material. This will cost in the region of £180 per seat, unless you do it yourself using the old material as a template to cut out some new fabric

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down