The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nuevo brake light

3 posters

Go down

nuevo brake light Empty nuevo brake light

Post by raymondo Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:30 pm

any one know what the donor vehicle was for the brake/rearlight fitting?
the bit that unscrews from the red lens holds the bulb and has a 3pin plug going into it.

the brake side of mine has melted(!) so need a new one and the local peugeot dealer was of no help

thanks in advance.
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty Re: nuevo brake light

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 pm

If you don't get a certain reply, I suggest you contact the Auto-sleeper parts department.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty Flat bed

Post by jimthefish Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:51 pm

I think that Auto sleeper build their Peugeot coach build vans on the standard flat bed frame. One word of warning my Nuevo failed the first MOT for a failed NSF sidelight and a OSR light. Spent hours trying to sort it out only to find that when they built the van they swapped the harness from one side to the other so it was only a 5 amp fuse. ( each side of the van has a 5 amp fuse protecting the electrics) but the opposite sides not working made me think it was a bad earth. Just for reference every time it rained it got into the back light and blew the fuse. Plenty of sealant solved the problem.
Look on sites for caravan light clusters I found mine were in there catalogue, if I find the site I will let you know. Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty light cluster

Post by jimthefish Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was on my Nuevo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty Overhead brake light

Post by jimthefish Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi just for reference if your watching your overhead brake lights go out one by one on your Nuevo, you can get a replacement from here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just blanked my top one out at present and fitted this one at the bottom the back window inside the van to stop it getting wet. If and when I sell the van I will put it back outside over the window. Jim

Last edited by jimthefish on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more infomation)
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty THANKS ALL WHO REPLIED

Post by raymondo Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 pm

VERY sorry for the lateness of this but I asked to question on the day before I was going away for two months and have been "off air" during that time.

Well my bodge lasted 7 weeks and by chance I noticed that the light fitting on my Nuevo is identical that that which is almost ubiquitous on caravans. A visit to a caravan show room and £13 got me sorted - just a pity that the lights are fitted with very large self tapping screws into a flimsy piece if GRP- just another minor running repair for the post holiday list!
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down

nuevo brake light Empty Re: nuevo brake light

Post by raymondo Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Ooops

Last edited by raymondo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down