The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr

2 posters

Go down

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Empty Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr

Post by gpilky Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:38 pm

I replaced this on my MH as the plastic track had broken and the blind / fly screen would not close properly. The blind and the fly screen are both in good condition though. I kept this for 'spares' in case needed in the future.

If anyone is interested I'd let it go for free for collection or just pay postage. Happy to try and dismantle to reduce the parcel size (and postage costs) and dump the damaged frame.

Any questions, please let me know.

Gary

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_11
Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_10

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_12
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Empty Re: Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr

Post by rgermain Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:28 pm

gpilky wrote:I replaced this on my MH as the plastic track had broken and the blind / fly screen would not close properly. The blind and the fly screen are both in good condition though. I kept this for 'spares' in case needed in the future.

If anyone is interested I'd let it go for free for collection or just pay postage. Happy to try and dismantle to reduce the parcel size (and postage costs) and dump the damaged frame.

Any questions, please let me know.

Gary

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_11
Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_10

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Remis_12
Can you point me in the right direction for getting a replacement as our plastic has failed and like you have a job closing the blind and screen?

Thank you for any help.
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr Empty Re: Free - 40x40cm Remis vent inner fr

Post by gpilky Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:05 am

Hi Richard,

I assume, like me, that you have been looking and found it difficult to get a replacement. And I'm sure that you likely know this but to be clear (and for a wider audience who might not be so informed) there are two versions of the REMitop Vario II - one that has a wind-up handle and one that is manual, in that you open a retaining catch and push it open.

Mine was the latter - without the handle - as shown in the earlier photos. At the time of replacement (July 2023) the exact replacement was like hens teeth and no-one seemed able to supply it in the UK. What I did, therefore, was to purchase the version with the handle and it fitted just fine. Of course the handle didn't work but I was OK with that as the blinds worked effectively and the manual opening of the vent was still as before.

I think because of price I bought my replacement off Ebay.

If it helps, the Remis part number for the sub-frame is 10028692. Confusingly, if you put this in google you get both the handled and the non-handled versions! The Remis spares catalogue does not show the non-handled version anywhere, which caused me no end of grief looking for a part number. A link to the catalogue is here >>> link

Hope this helps, however if you do have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down