The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

5 posters

Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:05 am

Hi Dan et al

We’re currently shopping around for Insurance on a 2003 Topaz we’ll hopefully be buying next weekend.

Is there a discount for ASOF members and if so do we need a code to access it?

Alternatively, (and with apologies to Dan) are there more competitive Insurers for our particular motorhomes which members have found?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can all provide.
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by rogerblack Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:55 am

Depending on your individual needs, Safeguard motorhome insurance policy includes UK & European breakdown cover via AA Fleet Services at no additional cost on the premium, so worth getting a quote from them and also bearing this in mind when comparing total costs if breakdown cover is required.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Discounted Insurance for Auto Sleepers

Post by Mr Grey Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:37 pm

Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am

I am surprised Flux are the cheapest. Not knowing your age or history it a difficult question, but I found Saga to be the best. 

When it comes to breakdown cover, some are good some well?? I have found those that come included with the insurance, may need upgrading to give you good cover, ie homestart and recovery etc.

Good hunting and I am sure you will enjoy the Topaz, we had a T5 one for 9 years.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:34 pm

Mr Grey wrote:Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!
Hi.
Hopefully our quotation will be competitive.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Male

Auto-Sleeper : No
Vehicle Year : No

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Grey Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:25 am

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
Mr Grey wrote:Great stuff - thanks for the tip. Adrian Flux are cheapest atm but I’ll give Safeguard a go  up!
Hi.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan

Actually looks like Rapper have finally come up with the best overall package but we’ll have another look on Saturday once we’ve decided to buy the van.

Appreciate the response up!
Mr Grey
Mr Grey
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:22 am

Mr Grey wrote:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
Hi.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan

Actually looks like Rapper have finally come up with the best overall package but we’ll have another look on Saturday once we’ve decided to buy the van.

Appreciate the response up!
Never heard of Rapper. I would make sure they have a good track record on payouts etc, as the cheapest or best overall may not be the best when you want to make a claim, also I wonder will they hike next years premiums?
---------
Richard M/h owner for 20+ years.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:14 pm

Mr Grey wrote:Hi Dan et al

We’re currently shopping around for Insurance on a 2003 Topaz we’ll hopefully be buying next weekend.

Is there a discount for ASOF members and if so do we need a code to access it?

Alternatively, (and with apologies to Dan) are there more competitive Insurers for our particular motorhomes which members have found?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can all provide.
By the way, meant to say welcome to the Forum asof_welcome2

-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Mr Grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Grey Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm

Thanks Richard. So Wifey was messing about with the various Compare Insurance sites, so when she told me the cheapest provider, I went to Stormzy rather than the type of plastic crinkly thing you get around a Quality Street Strawberry Creme. 

As it happens, Wrapper (lol) have now been beaten again by Adrian Flux as my OH wants the option to go across to France and it appears that we can include European breakdown cover, even though our prospective purchase is now 19 years old.

I feel some more research is in order. (And let’s face it, who doesn’t love a bit of research 🤪)

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RobJDS Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:26 am

Adrian Flux we’re the cheapest I found last year, good service too.
RobJDS
RobJDS

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:54 am

Just tried getting an online quote from Adrian Flux and gave up due to several questions with no possible relevant response. Wouldn't even accept the policy holder's first name as it's hyphenated (Sally-Ann)! And no option for NCD (9yrs+) being gained on current motorhome. Plus medical question issues. Looks like we'll stick with Safeguard even though they no longer cover us for breakdown as van is more than 20 years old.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:36 pm

rogerblack wrote:Just tried getting an online quote from Adrian Flux and gave up due to several questions with no possible relevant response. Wouldn't even accept the policy holder's first name as it's hyphenated (Sally-Ann)! And no option for NCD (9yrs+) being gained on current motorhome. Plus medical question issues. Looks like we'll stick with Safeguard even though they no longer cover us for breakdown as van is more than 20 years old.
Hi.
I'm sorry to here about the issues you have been having with ourselves.
If you wanted to message me your details I could arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back if you wish.
With regards to the on-line quotation could I double check were you trying to obtain the quotation direct on our website as I can log this issues to our web designers?
Regards,
Dan.
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Male

Auto-Sleeper : No
Vehicle Year : No

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:10 pm

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
Hi.
I'm sorry to here about the issues you have been having with ourselves.
If you wanted to message me your details I could arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back if you wish.
With regards to the on-line quotation could I double check were you trying to obtain the quotation direct on our website as I can log this issues to our web designers?
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan
Thanks for the response.  Yes, it was direct on your website - I persevered with it and by fudging some of the info* I did manage to get an emailed quote in the end, which did emphasise that it was best to phone to make sure it was correct and most competitive.

* Obviously just for the purposes of the quote; when phoning I'd obviously give fully factual information.  One of the areas that caused difficulty was the medical section which seemed to cover a huge number of possible conditions, some either overlapping or mutually exclusive, and even minor ones seeming to imply that DVLA should be informed, which is not the case. Our current policy doesn't run out until June but this was too far in advance for your system so I had to give an incorrect (earlier) date to get it accepted for now. We've been with Safeguard for many years and very happy with them but their included UK & European breakdown via AA FLeet Services won't cover us after this renewal as our van will be over 20 years old. Unless they drop their price to reflect this we'll be looking around for alternatives. So we'll probably give your office a ring nearer the time and go through it all again when we have something valid to compare.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down