The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap?

3 posters

Go down

Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap? Empty Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap?

Post by Boosboy Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm

I used to have a holdsworth villa and had a spare camping gaz bottle, my trooper now has calor has 3.9kg, how do I swap my camping gaz for a calor has bottle, does anywhere do this or can a sell camping gaz bottle anywhere?

Thank you.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper 2001 (Blue)

Back to top Go down

Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap? Empty Re: Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap?

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm

You can sell an empty Gaz cylinder on Ebay. They don't sell for much despite new cylinders costing an arm and a leg. I bought one for £2.50. Don't know about swopping for Calor, might be worth trying Go Outdoors if you have one near.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap? Empty Re: Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap?

Post by Boosboy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 am

Not worth selling then, never mind.

I'll contact go-outdoors and see if they will do an exchange. I checked my local gas supplier and they did not want to know.

Thank you.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosboy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 am

Go Outdoors just explained it to me.

Gaming gas make you buy the bottle so its yours.

Calor Gas you only rent the bottle, so its always theirs.

So, no exchanges, I won't be buying camping gas again, such a shame they don't all work the same way.
Boosboy
Boosboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Thats a shame, just thought it might be worth a try as they sell both. I'd put it on ebay, not auction but buy-it-now, afterall we are in the middle of the camping season, someone might like a spare especially as complete new ones cost £49 with gas. I've just looked on Ebay at completed sales and they are selling recently for anything from £10 up (obviously I got mine at the right time, winter).
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Camping gaz for calor gas, where to swap? Empty Camping gaz/ calor

Post by murph Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 am

Advertise it on the forum, as some people with 1 refillable cylinder feel they need a spare, and one of these is excellent, as they dont take up much space, (an adaptor is available fairly cheaply from gaslow.)

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down