The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely secure feeling from our police

+6
Jaytee
Gromit
groundhog
dbroada
peugeotboxer
modelman
10 posters

Go down

Lovely secure feeling from our police Empty Lovely secure feeling from our police

Post by modelman Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 am

Not been around lately, but still here!!
As some of you mat or may not know, another 'hobby' of mine is restoring old motorcycles etc. 
One I did a couple of years back was a real beat-up KLF300 quad-bike which was recovered from a guys hedge, I don't like them, but thought that since I have a large drive, it would be something do 'do' & make a snowplough to save 4hrs of shoveling, well the last weeks snow was cleared in 1/2 hour!!
Stripped to the last nut & bolt, & spent around 2.5K doing it up, probably work around 4 now!
My drive is 20ft wide & steep, so for ONCE, I kept them open so as to allow easy ploughing without whacking into the gates, BAD MOVE, just see what happened that very night, the local pikeys don't miss a thing, it was in its own hut, & had stuff in front of it, took them all of a few mins.  
A guy I know saw it go by at around 0250, so we know the general direction, phone Mr plod, & was told  ' i'll give you a incident No'.  Yeh, but when will they send someone as time is of the essence, 'probably 3-4 days' WHAT!!  'Well they're very busy'  WHAT BOTH OF THEM??
She wasn't amused'
This was last Sunday morning, its now Friday, still heard nothing, the pondlife must be laughing their heads off knowing full well they can do (& get away) with whatever they want.
They've been coming around for weeks asking if I wanted to sell the motorhome!  I once had a big twin-axle Ifor Williams trailer  & the same thing happened I didn't want to part with it but thought it best to sell it before they took that as well, I'm now thinking the M/H must go now, Its too big to 'hide' around the property & will be on edge all the time we go away in it. 
Depressed, Barnsley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HijAZKatV7g
https://www.dropbox.com/s/og2kb0ek8jvurnk/Pic183.jpg?dl=0

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Lovely secure feeling from our police Empty Re: Lovely secure feeling from our police

Post by peugeotboxer Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 am

Terrible.....don't know what to say, just awful.

PB

(keep those gates padlocked!)
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Lovely secure feeling from our police Empty Re: Lovely secure feeling from our police

Post by dbroada Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:00 am

sensored1

Having lost our Nuevo 4 weeks ago I can sympathise. We don't have CCTV so can't prove how ours was taken.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:29 pm

That is so sad you have my sincere wishes. Just trash these people.

Our son was a tree surgeon in North Devon, all his equipment was stolen three times is as many months and in the end insurance became excessive. Everything was put in a rented container in a secure compound but now he has just shut the business down as storage and insurance costs were crippling it.

Scum, hope they are caught soon and you get the quad back.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:30 pm

They have human rights though, and it's just not done in Britain to pick on poor unfortunates who are unable to work and earn a living.

I think we should start a charity collection on their behalf so they don't have to go out in the cold and steal people's quad bikes. It was bloody freezing out there, and they might not have been able to steal warm coats and gloves beforehand.  so_sad

But seriously, and almost incredibly, if one of them had slipped in Modelman's shed and broken his leg (what a terrible pity!!) he would probably have been able to sue Modelman for damages.

A local garage owner had a break in recently, and thousands of pounds worth of tools and equipment were taken. The police did turn up fairly quickly - but all that happened was that he got a severe rollicking.

Believe it or not, he was officially warned in writing because his inspection pit was left uncovered, and the thieving scum could have fallen into it and injured themselves.

Words fail!!!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Keep a Rottweiler in it. Then it's a kennel not a pit. hugegrins

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t25462-definition-of-enquiries
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:43 am

As others have said words fail me and I am so sorry for you. I hear time and time again about pikeys stealing stuff and nothing whatsoever happens about it. Totally disgusting but seems to be a sign of the times 'any minority can do what they want' while the 'law abiding' majority get pilloried, penalised and when help is needed ignored. censored!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:23 am

You love your motorbikes, you love your motorhome. Don't give in to these scum. Without knowing what security measures you have in place, anything that slows down thieves must be worth trying. Driveway alarms, driveway security posts, wheelclamps, house alarm with monitoring (ADT fit for £99 plus monthly monitoring fee of £28) etc etc.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Lovely secure feeling from our police Empty Re: lovely secure feeling from police

Post by Beetee Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am

It is very easy to become paranoid.   Our motorhome, and before that caravan, is clearly visible from the road and I am acutely aware that it's absence advertises that the house is empty.     However, when we were burgled, many years ago, it was in the middle of the day and I was only away for a couple of hours.   Now, when we leave, I conciously try to leave that worry behind and look forward to enjoying our break.      It does help that we have very good neighbours and a daughter who pops in occasionally and twitches the curtains.
Beetee
Beetee

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo (Lancashire)
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by MIKE L Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm

I recently had a van full of gentlemen who like to live in caravans and make an honest living relieving people. Of their possessions parked up looking at my motor Home.
I now have 4 wheel clamps, cctv, and a steering lock. I do not trust them not to try to relieve me of it one day.
MIKE L

Male

Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK DUO

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:40 pm

I think you are all being very unfair to the travelling community. It used to be that every time they were in town they did a swap with our fleet of works vans. They swapped all the new Transit wheels and tyres for a motley selection of broken jacks, piles of bricks or if really lucky left your van sitting on its brake discs. Always just as they left town and nothing was ever done about it. 
       Just been out today and fired up the  mig welder and built a device to lock the brake and clutch pedals . You can never have too much security and mechanical devices back in fashion as sophisticated alarms etc proving all too easy to defeat  by the playstation generation who look on  it as a challenge!
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by MIKE L Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 pm

I used to work in a shop and families of caravan dwellers would frequently come in and remove goods without troubling us at the till, thus saving us work!.Very often I would see toddlers with goods hidden under their jumpers, presumeably being trained in the art of saving shopkeepers time and effort.
MIKE L

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MIKE L Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:49 pm

One caring transit full, on seeing that one of the staff was over weight stole his sandwiches he accidentally left on the counter. They obviously were concerned for his health!.
MIKE L

Male

Back to top Go down