The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? ***

5 posters

Go down

*** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? *** Empty *** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? ***

Post by Admin Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Many of you will have noticed my absence on the forum of late, unfortunately my time that I can give to the forum is very limited due to my current personal circumstances. 
Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if members unable to get onto the forum please try to assist us by doing all they can before asking us to step in to help them.

1) Most if not all, sign in issues are down to the user, it can be something as simple as putting a letter in the sign in box in upper or lower case incorrectly, so do double check these details.

2) Most members who contact us for assistance are members who are not very active on the forum, many in fact are zero posters, or haven't visited the forum since creating an account or for many months. These cases give us little encouragement to spend our valuable time resetting passwords and manually emailing individuals until they are successfully able to log in again. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is a time consuming reality.

3) Members can do a lot to help themselves in the event they are struggling to sign onto the forum, firstly if you look at the bottom right side of the forum homepage you will find above the list of members currently online you will see a text link "Delete the forum cookies" please click on this link to delete your cookie sessions which is a memory of your session browsing the forum. Next depending on which browser you use, please go to your browsers menu & click on "Clear history" this will clear your browsers cache. Next shut down your browser completely (not just the open tab window) then restart your browser from fresh and then attempt to log in

4) If after carrying out the above steps you are still unable to sign in your next option is to click on "Forgot my password" where you usually sign in. This will then send you an email with your password or the option to reset the forgotten password. If you have forgotten your user name then basically you are stuffed as this is needed to reset your password as is a valid email address.

5) We DO NOT have access to members passwords, as they are encrypted for privacy and only known by the member themselves. We can not therefore tell you your password as many think. We have to access your details within our software and reset your password before manually emailing this to you.

6) If you are a member whose made only a handful of posts or never posted you will probably find it easier to create a new account by re-registering. However, you will need to supply a new email address as our software will flag up that your email address is already registered or in use on the forum. 

7) Do not contact me directly as a guest answering a question or responding to a topic on the forum, do this directly on the forum (I can only presume people who do this do not understand how a forum works) These messages are simply deleted and benefit no one. 

8) Do not contact me directly with foul or abusive language if you are having problems signing on, again these will just get deleted! I don't see why i should give up my time to assist someone that shows no respect or courtesy. I'm not being paid.

9) Do not contact me directly with a catalogue of problems you have had / or are having with your Auto-Sleeper. I do NOT work for Auto-Sleepers and we have absolutely NO affiliation with either Auto-Sleepers or the Auto-Sleepers Owners Club. I'm tired of people insulting me instead of taking up their issues with Auto-Sleeper directly through the correct channels. 

If you are a regular member on the forum and you are having difficulties then we are happy to assist, all we ask is that you supply your username and be patient. We do not operate the forum around the clock and it can be a few days between log in's by myself in order to offer assistance. 

You can always contact any of our helpful moderators: Peter Brown, Roli, or Gromit who will then put a message through to me directly.

Regards

Ed 

(ASOF Admin & Founder)

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

*** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? *** Empty Re: *** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? ***

Post by yvonneid Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:27 am

Hello. I'm one of the people who had to get in touch recently about being unable to log in. I had tried everything you suggest beforehand, but couldn't even log in when you manually sent me a new password. I'm sorry if you feel I was wasting your time. For the benefit of others, in the end I had to log in from another device, my laptop, and that was successful. Regards, Yvonne
yvonneid
yvonneid

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear of your problem logging in Yvonne. My message wasn't aimed directly at you but we do get many many requests from people in this situation. The fact you were able to log in on a different device tells me it's not the fault of the forum but more likely a browser or user error. 

Glad you have been able to get back online with us. 

I'm always happy to assist genuine members that intend using their forum membership, but as I'm now a full-time sole carer for my elderly mother since my father passed away, the time I can commit to the forum is currently very limited.

Regards

Ed (Admin)

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yvonneid Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks for your reply. I wish you well. regards, Yvonne
yvonneid
yvonneid

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony

Back to top Go down

*** Unable To Login To ASOF ?? *** Empty Successful now

Post by Bcfe Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi - sorry I'm one of those who come on occasionally - when I need help _ didn't see this advice but have now used it and managed to reset my password - had to use laptop - ipad wouldn't let me. I sent an email so you can ignore that now - thanks for your help smile!
Bcfe
Bcfe

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by LORIAGNE Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:33 pm

I too am having problem logging in ??? Help !!!!!
LORIAGNE
LORIAGNE

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : WORCESTER
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 am

LORIAGNE wrote:I too am having problem logging in ??? Help !!!!!

In what way are you having problems logging in? You managed to create this post and another which I've just moved to the correct coachbuilt section, so unless I'm missing something... scratch head

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by LORIAGNE Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

Still trying to find my way around different sites on this forum I guess....
LORIAGNE
LORIAGNE

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : WORCESTER
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down