The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

+17
peugeotboxer
Quilter
frederic
steve00136
chrisvesey
Cymro
paul bullock
Bobskate
inspiredron
Liam
dbroada
Gromit
Machloop
roli
Jaytee
Peter Brown
CC
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How many ASOC members on ASOF now? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:55 pm

Thanks for your reply Paul, I didn't know there was a club..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

How many ASOC members on ASOF now? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

Post by Machloop Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:56 am

Peter Brown wrote:It wasn't an article.  It was the whole Newsletter produced by the Editor designate.
OK, I'll rejoin.  £20 is only a large malt and a nice cigar anyway, I'll never miss it.  Interestingly, we must have received two of those as we joined twice last year but they would have hit the bin unopened. And that is not to say anything bad about the club but the magazine got to be useless [to me]. I'll search google for the issue, someone might have uploaded it and I'm surprised that it has not been discussed in this section, maybe its not just the magazine that ASOC members won't write to.
Now, all that I need is an application form. It looks like they do not want anyone to download them via their website. Has anyone got a scan ?

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:38 am

Prior to the internet the main way people communicated was via post. In ASOCs case this was the newsletter.
Articles for inclusion in the ASOC newsletter had to be in by the 10th of the month prior to publication which was fine prior to the internet.
Now though anything over a week old is history (Weekly newspapers are a good example also) People can read on the day of publications on the likes of forums and other media.
This forum was set up to offer quick communication to Auto Sleeper owners and there has also been a section for ASOC to use if they wished.
There is now a closer diaglogue (via Peter) with ASOC and we can only hope this develops further.

On the subject of reduced subs,the option of receiving the newsletter via email has been offered for a few years but there was little take up.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Machloop wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:It wasn't an article.  It was the whole Newsletter produced by the Editor designate.
OK, I'll rejoin.  £20 is only a large malt and a nice cigar anyway, I'll never miss it.  Interestingly, we must have received two of those as we joined twice last year but they would have hit the bin unopened. And that is not to say anything bad about the club but the magazine got to be useless [to me]. I'll search google for the issue, someone might have uploaded it and I'm surprised that it has not been discussed in this section, maybe its not just the magazine that ASOC members won't write to.
Now, all that I need is an application form. It looks like they do not want anyone to download them via their website. Has anyone got a scan ?

I sent you an e-mail via the forum yesterday - did you receive it?

The renewal form was in the November Newsletter but you can use the application form on the Website - link below.

http://www.asoc.uk.com/ApplicForm04.pdf

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Tue 28 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

Thanks Peter
No email or PM received here, just to confirm I am spamm@dr.com

But thanks for the link I could not find that easily on the ASOC site. Now all I need is to find my chequebook that I have not used since I renewed at the end of 2015, again for the ASOC [but I'd better not say too much about luddites as I'll get accused of complaining about the ASOC]. 

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:45 am

I resent my mail to the address above over an hour ago

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Tue 28 Mar 2017, 4:09 pm

We will join ASOC once we get our Bourton. The dealer will pay the first year's sub.

I am in the owner's club for our present van and we used to get correspondence on the forum from the factory. That stopped I think because they took umbrage at negative comments about build quality and service - really as a very small converter they should have welcomed the input as if taken constructively they had a free quality control department.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:44 pm

You will be made most welcome to ASOC.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:04 am

Peter Brown wrote:I resent my mail to the address above over an hour ago
Yes, it arrived about an hour before posted.
Thanks again - I'm looking forward to the end of the season and the revamped magazine, I'l even try and submit a few bits.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue 12 Sep 2017, 3:33 pm

I have just joined, received the membership card /papers today

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue 12 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm

Welcome to the club.

Do contact the Editor and ask to also receive an electronic version of the monthly magazine, ASOC News that is in full colour, the grey scale printed version you are sent every month doesn't have quite the same impact.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue 12 Sep 2017, 3:57 pm

Thank you Peter.

Last edited by daisy mae on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : T missing)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk Tue 12 Sep 2017, 4:01 pm

Just looked at website i will join next year website needs a face lift could do with joining on line would get more members.
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk Tue 26 Sep 2017, 4:31 pm

chrisk wrote:Just looked at website i will join next year website needs a face lift could do with joining on line would get more members.

Came home from our resent trip and our membership pack was waiting for us.
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3