The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex tv set up

4 posters

Go down

Avtex tv set up Empty Avtex tv set up

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 am

Hi All - when we bought our m/h it came with an Avtex TV - W151T. We are having trouble setting it up - have tried in the van and today tried in the house, so far nothing. It came with a digilogic freeview box. When it's all connected all looks good? TV comes on with the no signal message - go to menu - go to auto tuning - it scans twice then reverts back to no signal message
In the van aerial plugged in and powered same thing all we get is the no signal message.
In the house all plugged in main aerial into the freeview - all powered up - responds to remote - all we get is no signal message.
Is it me or does this suggest a fault of some kind?
Just to clarify mains to freeview = yes and powers up -- Mains to TV = yes and powers up - scart from freeview to tv = yes - main aerial is plugged into the freeview --any advice welcomed
Thanks 
mikeyval
mikeyval
mikeyval

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Avtex tv set up Empty Re: Avtex tv set up

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:20 am

Have you another freeview box you could try? Sounds like problem with box if you are getting 'no signal'

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am

Hi Paul. Don't another f/view box. Should i be able to get any stations at all even without the freeview box?
Thanks
Mike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 am

Don't think that model Avtex is digital so nothing since switchover without a freeview box

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks Paul

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm

mikeyval wrote:Hi All - when we bought our m/h it came with an Avtex TV - W151T. We are having trouble setting it up - have tried in the van and today tried in the house, so far nothing. It came with a digilogic freeview box. When it's all connected all looks good? TV comes on with the no signal message - go to menu - go to auto tuning - it scans twice then reverts back to no signal message
In the van aerial plugged in and powered same thing all we get is the no signal message.
In the house all plugged in main aerial into the freeview - all powered up - responds to remote - all we get is no signal message.
Is it me or does this suggest a fault of some kind?
Just to clarify mains to freeview = yes and powers up -- Mains to TV = yes and powers up - scart from freeview to tv = yes - main aerial is plugged into the freeview --any advice welcomed
Thanks 
mikeyval

Just to confirm the procedure:

The TV has no digital tuner, so the only way to use it is with a freeview (or satellite, but let's not go there just now) box.

The freeview box is presumably plugged in to the TV via SCART, so the TV must be set to receive the box signal via the SCART input - is that the case, you haven't specifically confirmed this?

The freeview box must then be tuned to the locally available stations, once you plugged the external aerial into the box.

It worried me where you said "TV comes on with the no signal message - go to menu - go to auto tuning - it scans twice then reverts back to no signal message", are you trying to tune the TV rather than the freeview box, if so, this won't work, see correct method above.

HTH

Kim
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Kim - thanks for the call. Based on what you have just said, then yes I was trying to tune the TV. So if I set it up again then how do I tune the freeview box (ps I do not have any instructions for either tv or the freeview)
To answer your question Yes the freeview was plugged to tv via scart and the aerial was plugged into the rear of the freeview
On screen I can select "source" so in order to tune the freeview box which source should I switch to AV - or - scart - or TV? When tuning the freeview will this appear on screen or not?
Thanks = Mike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:16 pm

mikeyval wrote:Hi Kim - thanks for the call. Based on what you have just said, then yes I was trying to tune the TV. So if I set it up again then how do I tune the freeview box (ps I do not have any instructions for either tv or the freeview)
To answer your question Yes the freeview was plugged to tv via scart and the aerial was plugged into the rear of the freeview
On screen I can select "source" so in order to tune the freeview box which source should I switch to AV - or - scart - or TV? When tuning the freeview will this appear on screen or not?
Thanks = Mike
Hi Mike, as I suspected then  winks 

You should select SCART as the source on the TV, then the output from the freeview box will be displayed on the TV.

As to tuning the freeview box; Once you can see the freeview box output I can only suggest either using the freeview remote "menu" button and have a look at the options for tuning, or to look on 'tinternet and find a downloadable manual for your particular FV box.

If you can't get it to work it's possible that the FV box is an old type that won't tune all the available "channels", you'd be better off buying a cheap Tesco or similar box than struggling with some of the obsolete cheap ones, (I've just thrown three old FV boxes, an Avtex analogue TV, two old Sky boxes and all the remotes on the local tip)

EDIT: I found this link to a PDF of the manual for one Digilogic box, maybe it will help?

http://www.ukfree.tv/retune/Digilogic_DSTB1000_DSTB1500_retune.pdf
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi Kim
Done as you suggested. Selected scart as the source and I now have a list of channels on screen for the first time. However I suspect that the FV box is now the problem - or maybe it's both. Paul reckons my TV is non digital so maybe time to give up and go in search of modern stuff
Thanks for your help = Mike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:24 pm

mikeyval wrote:Hi Kim
Done as you suggested. Selected scart as the source and I now have a list of channels on screen for the first time. However I suspect that the FV box is now the problem - or maybe it's both. Paul reckons my TV is non digital so maybe time to give up and go in search of modern stuff
Thanks for your help = Mike

If you have a list of channels, you're most of the way there.

You're correct, the W151 is analogue only, so it will always need an external tuner to receive TV in this country.

Maybe you just need to retune the FV box to get local channels, does the PDF I linked look like the correct one?
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyval Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanks Kim
Yes the pdf link you sent is correct so will persevere a little longer

Male