The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo slide out table above fridge

Go down

slide - Nuevo slide out table above fridge Empty Nuevo slide out table above fridge

Post by CC Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 am

I know this is a common problem not just with the Nuevo but other Auto-Sleeper models too that have the slide out table above the fridge. The table has a mechanism that when fully pushed back it locks into position securely, the problem is when you hit a pothole it springs up then flies open... the retaining webbing strap stops it from completely flying out, but then it rattles and clunks and drives you nuts!

I don't know if this is a known modification or not? maybe someone has already done the same but I took a look at ours to see if I could work out a solution and did the following:

(1) The webbing strap is fitted as standard by Auto-Sleepers with the press stud end fitted to the underside of the slide out table.

I don't know if the straps are this long when fitted from new or maybe they stretch over time? Either way, there is too much slack to keep the table secure.

slide - Nuevo slide out table above fridge Mwf6tx

(2) I removed the press stud part from the underneath of the slide out table, then fixed it to the underside of the unit (opposite way around to original fit)

slide - Nuevo slide out table above fridge Bgs8bs

(3) Then I folded over the excess webbing strap to reduce it's length, and the doubling over probably gives it a little more strength anyway

slide - Nuevo slide out table above fridge 15rcozk

(4) Then I screwed the webbing strap to the underside of the slide out table, (+ added a washer) as you can see there is now no slack in the strap so it's impossible for the table to jump out.

slide - Nuevo slide out table above fridge 2llje5v

I haven't fully road tested it, but did go for a short trip and it seemed fine... might help others gimmefive

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down